Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-03-2012, 20:15   #1

22 years old and looking for experience

I am currently in school in Asheville NC and I will be done in May. I'd like to find someone to crew for this summer. I don't care where or when, but I'd like to be at sea for at least a few weeks or so.

I have very limited experience on a sailboat but I have LOVED every minute of what little I have.

I used to live in Chicago and an ex-girlfriend's mom's friend (whew) owned a boat and would race on Lake Michigan. I had sailed with them at least two or three times casually and raced only once. The casual rides were lots of fun and the race was quite an adventure, when we tried to release the spinnaker one of the lines got tangled in the rotor which resulted in us getting thrown around for a little while. It was nerve-wracking and excellent, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. We ended up fighting the wild spinnaker down from its free flapping reign so that we could slide into the harbor on our mainsail. The best part is that I got to dive down and untangle the line from the rotor and save the day .

I:
-am an effective communicator and listener
-work well under pressure
-don't complain
-get along with people very easily
-am easy to get along with

One day I would like to sail around the world starting at the coast of NC sailing through the Panama Canal to Oregon then to Japan, Korea, India, Indonesia, New Zealand, (avoid pirates) reach Europe then dance.

I am currently studying kung ** and trying to get back in shape from winters icy hold.

I also have muscular dystrophy that currently affects only my shoulders where it is difficult to raise my arms above my head. I am still able to almost 97% of common everyday tasks and I know when I can't do something, but even when I can't do something due to my MD I still find a way to do it anyway.

I thank you for taking the time to read this, if you or someone you know is interested in taking me on as crew please do not hesitate to email me at thatguy1944@gmail.com

Many Thanks
Brit L.C.
Old 08-07-2012, 14:04   #2

Re: 22 years old and looking for experience

If you get near Delaware bay contact me we would appreciate your help.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:46   #3

Hello Sailor. I am a retire Army SGT. Will depart from Puerto Rico in a one way trip to Santa Martha Colombia. If you are bored and want just to sail, call me at 9three92four7,5zeroo,eigth,sixx.

I am departing this week in a venture 33 and will love to have some company, it's about 8 days traveling and the wheater report shows great sailing wheather.

regards

Karibe
Old 17-07-2012, 18:56   #4

Boat: 62' Custom Aluminum Cat built in New Zealand

We are headed to many of the places you mention - Panama Canal and beyond - in the next year or two. There is lots of information on our boat, schedule, us at our website - elcieexpeditions dot com. We are an expense share boat and the costs are posted there as well. Good luck with your sailing endeavors.