Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2014, 11:05   #1

pirate 2015 Fiji and New Zealand

Ahoy! Seeking families or couples looking for crew. I will be in Fiji in February 2015. I would like to crew on a boat either cruising the islands, or make passage to New Zealand. Or even Hawaii. I have time. I am a 38 year old female from Vancouver, BC. I am a sailing instructor, avid racer, and 27' boat owner. I often enjoy solo sailing. I have logged over 10,000 miles coastal, and my longest offshore passage was 800 miles.

Most of my experience is skippering 40" charter boats in the Caribbean. I know, child's play! I also made two 800 mile off shore passages in a 72" Global series challenge race boat. My strengths are navigation, sail trim, boosting crew morale, cooking, and remaining calm. My weakness is that I am not mechanically inclined. So if the engine fails, I would happily sail us through the doldrums!

I am very strong, reliable, hard working, and I don't complain. I can cook and clean to earn my keep. I will pay for my food, gas, and other expenses. I can also pay you a small fee, depending on the length of time we sail. My personality is very relaxed, and I can adapt well to suit any situation EXCEPT a romantic one! I would prefer at least one other female on board.

Please contact me to make a plan! Cheers, and happy sailing

Tags
Fiji, New Zealand