Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2015, 13:34   #1

Boat: 1979 islander 32 tall rig
Westerbeke L 25 engine parts

I have removed a 1979 Westerbeke L25 diesel from my Islander 32. Instead of rebuilding it I installed a new Beta 20.

When I removed it it was a running engine that did not use or lose any oil. I am going offshore for extended cruising and wanted something better and newer and parts are hard to find and expensive. It had a little white smoke but got us from N. Alabama to Mobile and back 218 miles upriver.

the hourmeter showed less that 8,000 hours but I am not the original owner so have no idea if that is correct.

The engine was a ford Cortina block, Warmota. As of this posting May 1, 2015 I still have the rest of the engine. (block, head, heat exchanger, etc still assembled if someone wants it. It's going to the scrapyard as soon as I can get a truck and someone to help me lift it.

I am located in Alabama on the Tenn Tom waterway and you can either come here to pick things up or you pay any shipping.

All parts I have listed are working or were when I took the engine out last fall.

All is make offer. No warranties expressed or implied.

Starter complete with solenoid and breakers.

alternator

injector pump

transmission

Original manual

Original panel and gauges
Old 25-05-2015, 14:10   #2

Boat: 1979 islander 32 tall rig
Re: Westerbeke L 25 engine parts

An update to this thread. I have taken the block and head to the scrapyard. No longer available.

I have removed the Hurth transmission, the starter/solenoid/breaker, the injector pump, alternator, panel and gauges minus the fuel gauge. All of these were working when I removed them. There are photos available in my albums but I haven't figured how to link to it yet.

I also have the boats' original 3 burner hillrange alcohol stove/oven for sale with the pressure tank.

Tags
engine, parts, westerbeke