Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2016, 13:36   #1

Boat: Colvin, Doxy 38'
Wanted Kerosene Stove with Oven

I am looking to replace my home-built kerosene stove with a used shipmate/taylor/dickenson kerosene stove with an oven for a reasonable price. I am looking for either a complete stove, or possibly for the right price, with an stove/oven carcass someone has parted-out as I already have 3 optimus 207 burners and tank et cetera and i enjoy working o these . I will need to arrange shipping unless you are in Alaska or Colombia.
thanks!
Old 03-06-2016, 23:29   #2

Boat: Freedom 40
Re: Wanted Kerosene Stove with Oven

I have a Taylors 030, in very good shape with spares. You can pm me for pics and price if interested.

F40 CC Ketch
Old 04-06-2016, 05:43   #3

Boat: Globe, cutter/ketch,38

Off topic, but I like my Shipmate 3 burner with oven and my Shipmate cabin heater. Especially so since I found a source for burner overhaul kits and complete burners in CA.
Old 04-06-2016, 15:16   #4

Boat: Colvin, Doxy 38'

Yes, Bob and Shirlene at "A&H Enterprise" (google it) in California can get you anything you need for your optimus 207 burners or even talk you through rebuilding them. they also have an ebay store and are quick to ship and are generally helpful ebay sellers, Shirlene's ebay ID is bella10202. There is also a new ebay seller selling optimus burner replacement parts from the UK, but i have had less success doing business with them.

Nigel Calders classic "Boatowners Mechanical and Electrical Manual" has the best step-by-step pictorial instructions for taking burners apart, cleaning them and resetting the needles correctly. Up the Kero!
-m

Tags
oven, wanted