Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 16:24   #1

Turn-Key 30' Santana in Isla Mujeres, Mexico

Hello,

For sale is a 1976 30' Santana sailboat. As a student in Sarasota I have lived on the boat for the better part of two years, and in that time I have put over 20,000 miles cruising throughout the eastern and western Caribbean. The boat is currently in Mexico, but I would be willing to sail it back for the right buyer.

The boat was hauled out of the water for inspection and paint in December of 2012 (4 months ago). While out, the entire boat was repainted. We did a bottom job, above-water line hull paint, and new topside paint. Most if not all of the running rigging was replaced (new lines, blocks, etc.), and we also had a new rudder built for the boat. Additionally, the engine was completely serviced and is running beautifully. The teak was stripped and re-varnished, new cushions and life line covers were custom made, the bimini was re-sewn, a new tiller was carved, a new compass installed, re-varnished the bow-pulpit, you get the idea.

I am a college student, and was unable to find a good weather window to return with the boat this past January. As mentioned earlier, if there is serious interest, I will fly back to Mexico and sail the boat back to Florida. You are welcome to come with (the ultimate sea test).

The boat is ready to sail, and is currently being watched by a friend in Mexico. The boat is also stocked full of canned and dry food. For the adventurer out there, you could fly to Isla Mujeres, hop on the boat and continue south to Guatemala, Belize, Honduras or Jamaica if you didn't want to come back to Florida. I will not be taking anything off the boat, everything you see in the description and pictures becomes yours. I am happy to fly with you to Mexico to help you get acquainted with the boat for 1-2 days if requested.

The boats amenities:
- 18HP Perkins M20 Diesel Engine
- Sony Marine sound system (crystal clear, and LOUD) ($500)
- New Raymarine Autopilot ($600)
- Spare genoa and main
- Spinnaker
- Garmin GPS 441s Chart Plotter (with chips for entire Caribbean) ($400)
- Brand new Ritchie Compass ($220)
- New Running lights (bow and stern)
- New VHF (mounted, not handheld)
- 2.5 HP 2012 Nissan 4-stroke Outboard ($1,200)
- New cockpit cushions ($200)
- New Teak tiller ($200)
- Custom cushions on the life liens
- 8' Inflatable West Marine dinghy ($400)
- New EPIRB ($500)
- Large ice chest

Please email me at Michael.long@ncf.edu for pictures or call (941) 219-9847 for additional information.
Old 07-03-2013, 22:25   #2

Price?
Old 07-03-2013, 23:01   #3

Re: Turn-Key 30' Santana in Isla Mujeres, Mexico

$18,000

Tags
Mexico