Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-06-2014, 21:41   #1

Temp New Zealand House(s) / Yacht Swap

Apologies if this is the wrong section for this...

My Wife and I and our kids will eventually spend life cruising the pacific however in the short term we would like to get a bit of a cruising fix and ensure its the life for us.

This is likely a long shot, but we are looking for a yacht based in the pacific (ideally Tonga, but more than open to other south pacific locations) to swap with our home in Geraldine, our holiday home in Kakanui (both in the South Island of New Zealand) and our vehicle. Possibly with cash going your way (flights to NZ?), depending on the vessel, length of time, etc. We'd be open to 3-8 weeks.

The house is a very nice 5 bedroom property with a few acres of land in a small rural town with stunning mountain views. The holiday home is 3 bedrooms on the coast in a small fishing village 150km South of Geraldine and you'd also have the use of our fishing boat (17ft Fryan). The car is a BMW 530d. Power, phone, broadband, sky tv, eggs from the chickens, all included.

As for the style of yacht we'd prefer, we aren't terribly fussy, however we will be purchasing a multihull one day, so that would be a preference. Timing isn't a worry either, anytime in 2014/15 is an option.

I have plenty of experience on yachts and we are very considerate and respectful people. I spent a couple of years working on tallships (watchkeeper) in my early twenties (Sydney, Halifax, Great Lakes), we've bareboat chartered single and multihull's 4-5 times from 32-46ft and my family have owned yachts and currently own a 43ft houseboat. I've also got plenty of experience maintaining yachts so am happy to complete any maintenance while on board (within reason!!). Most of my experience is with steal (rust removal, treating, painting, etc) but I've also done a lot of bright work, carpentry, wiring, plumbing, etc. I would be more than happy to come over a week or so prior to the family arriving / you departing, to ensure you are comfortable with my abilities. We aren't looking to undertake any significant bluewater passages, just cruising and experiencing life on board.

An odd idea, but hopefully worth asking!!

Cheers
Shaun
Old 23-06-2014, 03:40   #2

Re: Temp New Zealand House(s) / Yacht Swap

Would you consider cruising the Maine coast on a 40' monohull?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 23-06-2014, 04:38   #3

Re: Temp New Zealand House(s) / Yacht Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick01541 View Post
Would you consider cruising the Maine coast on a 40' monohull?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Hi rick, I would love to cruise the area one day, but we've got our hearts set on the tropics for this trip. Thanks for considering it anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
New Zealand, yacht