Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-12-2009, 15:27   #1

Location: presently gallivanting back across the Pacific... Pago Pago at the moment
Boat: Hylas 49 - GALLIVANTER
Teak-Rimmed Destroyer Wheel

I've decided to give Gallivanter a Christmas Present and make a little extra room in our cruising cockpit by getting a new (smaller) wheel!

Therefore - the teak-rimmed destroyer wheel (made by Edson) that came with the boat is up for grabs!

The wheel is 34" in diameter, has an older style straight 1" hub, six stainless steel spokes and is in pretty fair condition. One spoke was repaired by a small spot weld at the hub at one point in time. Other than that, with a little varnish - it would look about like new! It's a beautiful piece of hand made work which always generates nice comments.

Highest offer takes it. Buyer pays (affordable) USPS shipping from American Samoa... about $40 to anywhere in the United States and Territories. Or you're welcome to come pick it up here!

Photos can be provided.

Happy Holidays!

Kirk
Old 18-12-2009, 15:49   #2
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallivanters View Post
I've decided to give Gallivanter a Christmas Present and make a little extra room in our cruising cockpit by getting a new (smaller) wheel!

Therefore - the teak-rimmed destroyer wheel (made by Edson) that came with the boat is up for grabs!

The wheel is 34" in diameter, has an older style straight 1" hub, six stainless steel spokes and is in pretty fair condition. One spoke was repaired by a small spot weld at the hub at one point in time. Other than that, with a little varnish - it would look about like new! It's a beautiful piece of hand made work which always generates nice comments.

Highest offer takes it. Buyer pays (affordable) USPS shipping from American Samoa... about $40 to anywhere in the United States and Territories. Or you're welcome to come pick it up here!

Photos can be provided.

Happy Holidays!

Kirk
can you post a picture?
Old 09-04-2010, 09:21   #3

Edson teak wheel

Do you still have the teak wheel for sale? I am interested if it is available? Have you had any offers? A picture would be great.

sillybilly295@yahoo.com
Old 08-07-2010, 07:25   #4

Boat: Pearson 303
teak wheel

please send pictures to fkroll@msn.com thanks
Old 08-07-2010, 11:05   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sabre 28-2
pictures please, if it's still available? scott_neuman@hotmail.com
Old 09-07-2010, 03:16   #6

Is this wheel still for sale or am I wasting your time? I need pictures but you haven't responded . If you still have it call me 203 640 6567 or 203 230 8910 or email me fkroll@msn.com or shout it out! thanks fred
Old 09-07-2010, 03:18   #7

can someone please respond to my request for pics? or call me 203 230 8910 or 203 640 6567 or email me fkroll@msn.com. or shout it out!
Old 22-09-2010, 13:18   #8

WILL THE WEBMASTER PLEASE REMOVE THIS AD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REMOVE THIS AD? 2,000,000 PEOPLE HAVE RESPONDED TO THIS AD AND NO ONE HAS EVER RESPONDED. SO, WHATS THE POINT? WEBMASTER PLEASE REMOVE THIS! THANKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallivanters View Post

Photos can be provided.

Happy Holidays!

Kirk
Old 22-09-2010, 14:23   #9

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft
Hmmm, OP was 9 months ago, probably moved on to other things.
Old 22-09-2010, 14:59   #10

remove the thread

he is now on a stink pot on some lake