Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-08-2011, 08:17   #1

Boat: Looking
Lightbulb Skipper Needs Additional Vessel

I am looking to strike a deal with an owner of a mid-size charter vessel for the 2012 season in the British Virgin Islands.
I have been sailing the islands since the early 1980's and have recently decided to sail full-time, skipper full-time, and offer charters full-time.
Apparently I will be busier than I thought this year after beginning my advertising and taking deposits, I need more berths, boat space, heck I need another vessel.
I am determined to stay within the boundaries of my business plan, however, and would like to make arrangements for a long term lease with a boat owner who may not be utilizing their depreciating asset this year.
What suits me best are vessels such as 41 to 46' Hunters, Beneteaus, Juneaus or perhaps a 38 to 42' Cataraman.
If you have interest in this type of arrangement and would like your costs covered for a season please contact me. Vessels will not be bareboat chartered but only skippered charters throughout the British Virgin Islands.

Old 16-08-2011, 16:32   #2

Boat: Hylas 47 "Blue Planet"
Re: Skipper Needs Additional Vessel

I have what you need, a Hylas 47 which has been used for chartering and is equiped accordingly, and spends her winters in the Virgins.

Pls contact me at sailingwmn at g mail ASAP. On this forum I am Sailing Gal.

Old 09-10-2011, 13:38   #3

Boat: 40' Northstar 80/20 S&S ketch
Send a message via Skype™ to sailinlee

Hi,

I'm living on my Hughes 40' and I'm in St. Martin at the moment. I've got my boat and a friend of mine is asking me to take over his 42 Fontain Pajot catamaran. So I've got two boats and don't have any customers yet. I quit chatering a few years ago, but I've taken a break and would like to get back into it again. Lets talk when you get a chance. I have an old website at Lee Malis: Yacht Charter & Yacht Rental in Florida and Croatia (Caribbean & Mediterranean) that is very old now, but it will give you an idea about who I am and about my boat Krasna.

Lee
Old 12-10-2011, 07:02   #4

Boat: Looking

Thank you for your reply. I have had an accident in Bermuda and my plans have been delayed somewhat. Will not be in BVI til late Jan I suspect. So say Feb-Mar, what would you lease your vessel to me for? Sorry I cn't be more specific right now but am back in Canada going through physical rehab trying to get myself back on the water.
Brian
Old 12-10-2011, 14:09   #5

Boat: 40' Northstar 80/20 S&S ketch
Send a message via Skype™ to sailinlee

Hi Brian,

Sorry about your accident. I hope you're back on the water soon.

I don't really know what to charge. Would you pay for insurance? Who would the captain be? What about maintenance and repairs? Would it be for bareboat or skippered charters?

I don't know if you are up to it, but if you get a chance maybe we could speak on skype. My username is leemalis. And my email is sailin@sailin.net.

I hope you have a speedy recovery,

Lee Malis
Old 20-10-2011, 07:47   #6

Boat: Young Son, Cutter 43 foot

Hi, my wife and I will be bringing our 43 Young Son Cutter south in January and might be interested in helping out. We currently run both day and overnight charters in Key West and are equipped to accomodate groups up to 6. We carry our own insurance and crew the boat ourselves. Were pros and have been running charters since 06. Price would be negotiable and totally based on our mutual profit margins. If you like check out our website at www.namastesailing.com . Jeff and Trish

Tags
skipper