Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-04-2010, 06:45   #1

Boat: Westsail 32
Singer 111w Industrial Sewing Machine

Hello all,

I'm selling my workhorse sewing machine as I've recently purchased a Sailrite LSZ-1 for taking aboard. I've owned this 111w for two years and used it exclusively for awning and canvas work. It is a "111wSV13" - Meaning Special Version 13. This 111w is not a "walking foot" machine, but instead is a high-strength needle feed/drop feed machine, meaning the needle buries, then moves in conjunction with the feed dogs, then raises and moves forward again to repeat. This works much better than a walking foot machine for multiple layers of slippery materials (like vinyl, Strataglass, etc) because there is no way for the materials to become misaligned. I repainted the whole machine and replaced several gears and the hook/shuttle when I purchased the machine, as well as full disassembled and retuned. It has a nearly new rubber dog/hook drive belt.

The machine is fully functional and the hook tuned very close for catching teflon threads (I use teflon for all canvas work). Table is solid wood with acrylic finish, and the legs cast steel (painted black) with "LM Stein CO Chicago" cast in. I inquired to Singer about this machine and they said the 111wSV13 was designed for heavy-guage, high speed leather sewing. I've only done a few leather projects, but I know it doesn't flinch at many layers of vinyl and canvas. Because of the needle feed, the material stays aligned perfectly while stitching. I had a 211W155 walking foot for a while, but was dissatisfied with how materials sandwiched between the outer layers would tend to become misaligned on long runs due to the foot not moving the whole package together.

Anyway, $750 takes the whole machine; table, motor and all. $650 will get the head alone. I am willing to ship the head, but if you want the whole shebang, you'll have to pick it up. Can be seen/tried in Coral Gables, FL.

If you're looking for a high quality machine that can work on anything you have, consider this old Singer!

Higher quality photos can be seen here:
Picasa Web Albums - Aaron - Ebay Stuff

Some of my projects:
Picasa Web Albums - Aaron - Sail Covers/U...

Thanks for your interest!
Aaron
941-270-2767
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	111all.jpg
Views:	2135
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	15608  

W32 #482 Asia Marie

Tags
sewing machine