Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2010, 16:28   #1

Boat: Simpson 12 extended
Simpson 44 (Extended 12 Meter)

Due to medical probs at present we are reluctantly selling our simpson Cat ,This well known cruising cat has looked after us well and will do the same for her next owner.Based in Cairns Australia
Specs can be seen on the blog http..//svsokari.blogspot.com or you can view her travels and photos www.svsokari.com
. Discounted for quick sale this month only serious buyer quick sale - Well known and proven ocean cruising cat was designed by Roger Simpson and purpose built for her very tall owner. Sokari is not a standard Simpson 12. A wider than normal coachroof gives a much larger interior. 2 super king cabins, 2 singles. The 12 metre hulls (extended during construction) were married to Roger's 12.01 design which had a wider cabin top. This ensured there are few areas in the boat where owner has to stoop. She has been repowered with low hour Kubota D850 motors (after 15 years good performance from originals – also low hour), new balanced spade rudders were fitted a few years ago giving very good turning performance and other fittings and equipment are brand new. The interior is being revamped – recovering, repainting etc. All work outstanding at this stage is purely cosmetic. Otherwise Sokari is ready and raring to cruise (off-shore or coastal) again. Sokari has kept us safe and sound during many thousands of ocean miles. She is a joy to sail and will take you wherever you may dream of going as well as being a comfortable home. She is large and roomy inside. She has never let us down. This boat is kept simple so is easy to maintain and repair if and when needed. Diesel consumption is approx. 1.5 litres per hr per motor, so is economical to run. Sokari was repainted externally in November 2006. We are currently freshening her up inside, so that she will be ready to go anywhere again. The price - negotiable - will reflect our progress inside. Owner was recently injured requiring long healing process hence current short term price reduction. Location Cairns, Queensland AUSTRALIA Year Launched: 1993 Designer: Roger Simpson, Simpson Design Length: 43ft 6 inches Beam: 24ft Draft: 3ft .

Hope this answers some questions
Regards John
Old 26-02-2010, 17:59   #2
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
I looked, but it is lacking pics, or did I miss something? I could only see a couple of exterior pics........i2f
Old 26-02-2010, 18:23   #3

Boat: Simpson 12 extended
Sorry - My typo - Error

Sorry, I made a typo in the blog addy. It should read www.svsokari.blogspot.com. This is a really new blog which isn't complete yet with more slideshows to go up on it. For interior pics you will need to wait a couple of hours. We're working on it now. In the meantime, you can check out another Blog www.sokariforsale.blogspot.com. Regards
John