Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2011, 21:45   #16

Re: Sailrite Ultrafeed LSZ-1 - Used

I own a Reliable 2000U-33 and have had no issues with it at all. I really love it. It doesnt have some of the enhancements that the LSZ-1 machines has, and while Reliable doesnt specialize and live and breathe sewing like Sailrite does, the cost DID make a difference in MY pocketbook. Ive already sewed so much with it that if it broke tomorrow, I would have gotten my money's worth. But its far from broken and it is still plugging away doing everything Ive asked it to do and more. I think its a good budget alternative if you can get your own education and handholding from somewhere else. Reliable does by the way have very good customer service...they just don't have the videos, and educational books and guides and advice and website that Sairite has. But I also saved 500$ which can go a long ways towards getting the specific things that I need. I honestly can not say a bad thing about Sailrite - their sewing accesories and videos and notions are well priced, and are of high quality- and I will be their customer seeking advice and spending hundreds of dollars with them every year, but to get started in sewing on a zig zag machine doesnt have to start with a $1000 purchase of one of their machines. You can get started for half of that. Believe me...if sewing becomes something you love to do you will find many projects to do, and will be talking to Sailrite just as much as someone who baught their machine from them- just maybe not about the machine itself. But you would have Reliable to talk to the machine about, and they do have good customer service having been in the sewing machine business for half a century themselves.
Old 22-08-2011, 07:31   #17

Boat: Beneteau FIRST 42
Re: Sailrite Ultrafeed LSZ-1 - Used

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchildress View Post
Believe me...if sewing becomes something you love to do you will find many projects to do, and will be talking to Sailrite just as much as someone who baught their machine from them- just maybe not about the machine itself. But you would have Reliable to talk to the machine about, and they do have good customer service having been in the sewing machine business for half a century themselves.

Not to change the subject here, BUT I have to RANT a bit.........
We own a Canvas and Upholstery Business, have for years and are making a good living,(and saving some) while other shops are falling around us.. We do this by offering a good product, and great service, at a reasonable price..
And its not odd for someone to come in and pick our brains for info concerning the hows and whys of Marine Canvas.. We do this for a couple reasons..
First, it might lead to a sale, and the information we offer is part of the selling process..
And Second, its to build our reputation as a carring and helpfull place in the community..
But the one thing that "Chaps My Hide" is for someone to come in and "MILK" me for information and then go to another shop with the info I gave him to have the work done..
Buying a machine from one company and then going to another for the services they provide...Sorry, but in my book, its called "LOW-LIFE"
Old 29-08-2011, 20:07   #18

Re: Sailrite Ultrafeed LSZ-1 (Used)

SO you mean to say that if someone already owns a sewing machine that they didnt buy from you, you would be uninterested in business from them that will surely surpass the price of a sewing machine? I think Sailrite is very smart to talk to all sewing machine owners on how to build their projects, what threads and materials to buy for what projects they want to build. And they do it with a smile. The sewing machine is only the beginning of the sales, only a small equation of the sales that a customer who gets interested in sewing will make. If you think I am a lowlife for giving my 1000s of dollars of after machine sales to Sailrite so be it, but I think Sailrite is pretty glad for all the business that they get from NON SAILRITE machine owners. I pick their brains and then I buy ALL of my supplies from them, already many many more times the price of a sewing machine. Anyone who only sells products to people who baught their first product from them would be missing out on a LOT of business from a LOT of people. Not everyone can afford to buy a SAILRITE machine, but as time goes on they do learn that Sailrite is the BEST to buy supplies from! That is probably the reason why Sailrite is such a successful business. Reliable Corporation makes a great machine and gives me all of the support that I need for the machine, but they dont sell notions, so I seek another company to do that. There is nothing wrong with being frugal and purchasing support materials for a product from another company like Sailrite...its not like I asked for their manuals....I purchased them adding to their profits. DO you not fix canvas and upholstery that people baught from other people - hope you are...some of the pie is better than none at all. True in any business I think...
Old 30-08-2011, 05:23   #19

Boat: Parkins Herreshoff 28

Old 05-09-2011, 17:12   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert knight View Post
used sailrite ultrafeed sewing machine. Used by us while sailing for canvas repair, projects and significant sail repair. Purchase date approximately 2001-2002 exact date unknown. Excellent condition. Everything works like new. Has walking foot, stitch adjustment, zig zag, straight stitch etc. sewing machine is in dry storage. retired from cruising. will sell for $450.

Is it still available?

JERRY HARWOOD
JMHMTH@SUDDENLINK.NET

or 404-625-5596
Old 05-09-2011, 17:57   #21
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck

Randy,

I feel you are a bit off base in this post. The other poster suggested that you would contact Sailrite about things OTHER than your machine, and would contact Reliable about machine issues.

Sailrite has a wide product line and it is very much in their interest to service ALL of their customers, not just the ones who own their machines.

I do not own a Sailrite. Should I therefore not contact Sailrite about hardware kits, and fabrics I am interested in or have bought from them?

Having worked in the design field I get the annoyance of the Lookey Lou shopper who picks your brain hard and moves on, WITH your ideas... one of the sucky costs of doing business, But your rant in this case seems unfair.

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
Old 05-09-2011, 21:36   #22

Boat: 1979 CC Chen Aries-32; Thomas Gilmer Design- Hull #23
Send a message via Skype™ to Ciabi

I urge the moderator to kill this thread. It's fairly obvious that the machine has vaporized and has either been sold, or is no longer available. I'm presently borrowing a standard straight stitch Sailrite and am saving my pennies for big blue, the LZ-1... I've seen the machine in action and it's worth every penny.

Thanks All.

Chuck; SV The Chester P
San Francisco