Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2014, 09:50   #1

Thumbs up Retired couple want to rent before buying

We would like to lease a 38 - 50 feet single-hull sloop or ketch for a year. We are considering living aboard, but need to be sure it's the life for us before taking such a big step. We can provide professional references as to our qualifications re: caring for your boat. If you want to sell, we (you and we) might consider a "first-option." We have ASA certification.

Please private-message.

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2014, 06:43   #2

Boat: Tayana 48
Re: Retired couple want to rent before buying

I don't know anyone who rented, or is renting a cruiser! The risk of giving the keys to someone for a year, IS BIG! I believe it would be very expensive as well, better off to buy. Also do your research into the lifestyle, and talk to as many cruisers as you can, but finding that right boat for you, I believe is one of the keys to a successful cruise!
When and if you decide to buy, I'm selling my Tayana 48, which is located in Brunswick, Georgia, let me know if you have an interest?

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (5).jpg
Views:	177
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	91443  
Old 18-11-2014, 00:35   #3

Boat: PDQ Capella 36
Re: Retired couple want to rent before buying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islenya View Post
We would like to lease a 38 - 50 feet single-hull sloop or ketch for a year. We are considering living aboard, but need to be sure it's the life for us before taking such a big step. We can provide professional references as to our qualifications re: caring for your boat. If you want to sell, we (you and we) might consider a "first-option." We have ASA certification.

Please private-message.

Thanks!
Contact a charter company, basically any, and see if any of their owners on the way out want to take on a lease like this. Someone might bite!

Tags
buying