Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2014, 14:28   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Custom, Kurt Hughe's 65' Catamaran
Refurl Kudos

This post is to heap some praise on Reefurl. (An Australian company that has a US dealer but I don't know location).

I purchased the Reefurl unit in 1999 to furl my 1450 sq ft gennaker and it has been used extensively over that period of time in all kinds of conditions and covered over 100,000 miles.

We sailed our 65' cat from Florida to Fiji arriving here in June. In the process we had a problem with the gennaker stay that became too loose and allowed the base of the drum to flex too much and we broke the furler lower section.

We contacted Reefurl in Australia about our situation and they said send us photo's so we can assess the problem and we will cover the repair "UNDER WARRANTY". Frankly we were shocked that they would do this after all the unit was 15 years old.

Not only was the unit lower cost at original purchase versus Profurl and others but has had fewer problems than my genoa furler which is a Profurl unit.

So many vendors of products try and shirk their warranty but Reefurl is not one of them and I can give a wholehearted recommendation for their product.

Al