Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-10-2016, 12:52   #1

Boat: Between boats at the moment aka Fender
Post by: Stingo - Thread: PRICE REDUCED - after lightning strike

Forum: Multihull Sailboats
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Stingo
Original Content:
Quote:

PRICE: US$110,000

My cruising catamaran has been for sale for just over a month for $189k. Last Friday, I was struck by lightning, so I have been forced to reduce the price to $110k, as is, where is (Panama, on the Pacific side of the canal). The full spec, pre-lightning strike as well as a damage report post-lightning strike can be seen on Maxim 380 Catamaran For Sale By Owner

I cannot find the exit point/s of the strike, but suspect that it could have been any or all of the the following: SSB ground plate, fridge & freezer cooling plates, depth transducer, the fish finder transducer or the anchor chain (the boat was at anchor).

The strike must have been very small because the wind anemometer and tricolour are still in place and working. The VHF antenna is gone, but the VHF still works and there are no black marks on the mast. What was left of the Windex landed in my dinghy and is no longer serviceable, but still in reasonable condition. Go figure?

If you are interested in a project boat, please contact me (not the broker - our listing agreement has been changed to non-exclusive so that I can sell her privately) through the contact page of the above website.

Poster's Signature:
---------------------------------------------

Stingo Is For Sale