Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-06-2011, 05:53   #1

Boat: Holman & Pye Seamaster 925
Parasailor 2.0 (67sqm) - Brand New

A brand new, never used Parasailor 2.0 (67sqM) down wind sail, in Yellow Passion, including an also brand new original Istec Easy Snuffer, designed specifically for this sail.

£2,450

Please email me for pics and any other details.

I am a private seller and not an agent for the sail, for a full description and general info have a look at the Istec (the manufacturer of Parasailors) and Sea Teach (UK dealers) websites. They are better able to give the full low-down on the sail than I can in this advert.
http://www.istec.ag/uk/home.html
Parasailor - Product Details

The size 2.0 or as Sea Teach call it, the size 67, is designed for yacht with an 'I' measurement of 11 to 12 meters. In my experience the reality is that this 2.0 size also works really well on cruising yachts with 12 to 13 meter I's, as 67 sq m really adds down wind pull but does not overpower the boat, so is really relaxed and easy to handle.

For the any one who is unsure, the I measurement is a vertical from the deck (not the top of the coach roof) to head of the forestay.

A few good examples that this sail fits are :-
Sigma 33
Contessa 32
Nicholson 30
Nicholson 32
Seamaster 925
Bavaria 32
Jeanneau Sun Fast 31
Etc Etc

If you are unsure of the sail's suitability for your yacht please contact me, I am very keen that this wonderful sail goes to the right boat. Also if you would like advice on rigging the sail (which is NOT like a traditional spinnaker) then also please ask, I'm only to happy to help.

Istec's web site explains the principles better than I can, but I can assure any one who is unconvinced, this sail is truly amazing. I have sailed with parasailors on quite a few yachts now and every time it's the same reaction from the owners – WOW. Everything is light and easy, the sheets and down-hauls, the helm stays light, the roll usually associated with spinnakers never happens, and most amazing, when you harden up on the wind you just keep coming round – on some yachts to as high as 60 degs. Just with the parasailor, no mail sail at all.........

This sail has never been used, and was only opened for inspection and checking when it was delivered. It is for sale due to an error when ordering (my mistake) and I ended up with two of them. I initially intended to keep the second one as a spare, so accepted delivery and took ownership. After 10 months of having it I found that the reality is that I do not have enough space aboard to store an unused sail, so I am selling it and will use the money to have a new storm jib and try-sail made up.

The Sea Teach UK price for this sail is £3,270 inc VAT, so if you have dreamed of one, but could never justify the high price (trust me, they are beautifully made using very very high grade materials and are very strong) then now is a rare chance to get one at a much more realistic £2,450 inc personal delivery by me.

DELIVERY:

Please be aware that the sail is currently aboard my yacht in the Canary Islands. In order to make the sail exceptional value I am willing to personally bring the sail to the UK or Europe, in reality it is as cheap for me to jump on a plane as it is to ship 18kg with £3,000 worth of insurance cover. Also it will be much faster and although the sail is VAT paid it will save customs paperwork etc etc.

If however you wish the sail to be delivered else where then I will be happy to do so but will be at your expense and will require full payment of cleared funds prior to shipping.

PAYMENT:

I would prefer to have cash on delivery, A, this saves a fortune in PayPal fees and B, it ensures that you are getting what you expect and can check that the sail is exactly as I have advertised before handing over a large sum of money. I will however require a deposit of £250 as I am not to keen on spending time and money flying around the world only to be let down. The sail is brand new and unused so I can be 100% confident that you will not be disappointed, but please be sure that the 2.0 is the correct size for you as I cannot cancel contract if you change your mind.

I can be emailed or called by phone, please use this forum to contact me first so I can verify you are genuine. Please not that the sail is listed else where (you know the famous internet sales site) so HURRY or it will have gone.

Happy sailing,

Jon
Old 12-08-2011, 03:51   #2

Re: Parasailor 2.0 (67sqm) brand new

Hi There

Is your parasailor still for sale? If so
I live in New Zealand and have a 40 foot (12.5 m) Mummary.
The mast height from the deck is 15.40 m. Do you think your parasailor will fit?

Cheers

Joannes

Tags
asa