Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 15:19   #1

Nexus Sailboat Instrumentation

Hi!
We used to be a distributor for Nexus Instruments but aren't any longer. We have been left with significant stock that we need to clear out and intend to do so at extremely low prices.

Our clearance inventory includes many items from both the NX and NX2 series (all items are brand new - in box) such as:

Sailing Packs (NX Start Pack 3 and NX2 Basic Starter Pack (google them) (the NX2 Basic Starter Pack won't be around for long as they contain valuable NX2 Multi Control instruments).
Transducers (Wind, Speed, Depth, Temp)
Compasses (both electronic and non with several varieties of both)
Displays (called instruments) - Such as Speed, Wind, Multi Control (racing version only), Sea Data, Repeater, Course (both Analogue and Digital versions)
GPS Instruments (Course, Speed, Navigation)
Various Parts (Many different parts left such as mast brackets, instrument panels, covers, cables, plugs, connection boxes, brackets, cord, mounting kit, thru-hull nuts, cable assembly, and more) .

Please reply to this e-mail address if you have any questions and/or interests. A full inventory list with more description and price estimates can be e-mailed to you. Shipping is available both domestic (Canada), US, and International (although International shipping is quite expensive). We accept paypal/wire transfer, credit card, and cash. Canadian customers will be subject to HST as we are a company.

Check us out before we're sold out! This stuff is going fast!

Thanks for reading!
Paul
Old 01-02-2012, 20:44   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"
Re: Nexus Sailboat Instrumentation

If the above poster is Paul Pelzer, I would not recommend them. I bought my Nexus instruments from Paul. I made a mistake in the ordering, and had them swap out the transducer. We'd agreed on a cost and process, that was supposed to have been completely suitable to him/them.

It took them two months to get a refund to me, and they shorted me $10. While $10 isn't a big deal, it's the principle of the way this was handled. Below are the emails from Paul, that he sent me 2 months after I returned the product to them, at my expense. This was not a deal I negotiated, it was a deal they offered to me:

Hi Bill,

I apologize for the whole credit process taking so long, my boss doesn’t like to sign/approve credit’s easily/quickly, so it can take quite a while sometimes. After talking with the service manager we’ve decided that we can only do $75 credit as the NX Triducer we sold to you was $150 and the cost of the Depth is $75 ($150-$75 = $75).

I have sent this $75.00 amount to your via PayPal and I would appreciate your confirmation of receipt.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
Paul Pelzer

And:

Hi Bill,

As a distributor only, we normally only grant credit to our clients (dealers) and very rarely issue actual cash refunds. I’ve been put under some pressure recently to raise our eBay prices by another 5-10%, as since I’ve been selling fairly product fairly well recently our boss has relaxed in his ‘urge’ to be rid of the product no matter the cost (with storage, purchase, processing, shipping costs, our measely 15-20% markups less eBay fees, PayPal fees and my small commission means that ComNav is probably losing money on almost everything we’re selling on eBay).

If the $10 is that big of an issue I will confer with the service manager and we can see what we can do. I’m not the one making the policies here, I’m just an accounting assistant trying to get some accounting experience and being thrust into the role of eBay store manager. If it wasn’t for the small commission I wouldn’t even be doing this and then the eBay store wouldn’t exist.

Let me know,

Kind Regards,

Paul Pelzer

Old 01-02-2012, 20:49   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I forgot to add my response to him. I sincerely hope it was worth the $10 to get trashed on the internet:

Paul,

I'm in receipt of the $75.

This is NOT how I do business. You agreed to $85. But, I will just chalk it up to the experience.

Several folks have asked me about our new instruments. I've told them that we are very happy with them, but I've not given them your contact info, awaiting the refund.

Bill
Old 01-02-2012, 21:11   #4

Boat: Westerly Centaur. 26'
Send a message via Skype™ to familycruisers

Paid commercial advertiser? Is this within forum rules? Is this Paul?
Old 01-02-2012, 21:53   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by familycruisers View Post
Paid commercial advertiser? Is this within forum rules? Is this Paul?
Probably not - but my post is likely to discourage anyone from buying from him anyway!
Old 09-02-2012, 21:25   #6
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Wow. You would think that Paul would have contacted me about the lousy $10. But, I guess not. I spend $1000 with the guy, and he makes an issue about $10 MONTHS after the transaction. I just can't understand this - why trash your own reputation for a lousy $10?
Old 09-02-2012, 22:23   #7

Boat: Dufour35 1982 and Moody 425

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post
Probably not - but my post is likely to discourage anyone from buying from him anyway!
Yip! with your commentary you do wonder about the reason for the sell off, plus no company name given?

Tags
sailboat