Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 12:19   #1

Marine Alternator 65A/12V

This Alternator was purchased for use with our Ford Lehman Marine Diesel, but we never installed it as we ended up using another which was higher current. It is brand new, purchased from American Diesel for $275.00 plus freight. The unit is a Leece-Neville unit built by Presto-Lite and is model no. 8MR2092L, rated at 65Amps/12VDC. The built-in regulator is model no. BRG2061. If used on a Ford Lehman, you will probably re-use your existing pulley, which will fit directly on the keyed 5/8” shaft of this alternator. Note that the Ford Lehman does not take a 3/8” belt but uses a wider size. If your application uses a 3/8” belt, you may obtain a 3/8” pulley from American Diesel for $10.00. The unit is useable with virtually any U.S.-made gas or diesel engine which uses a 2” foot with 3/8 mounting bolt. I'm looking for US$125.00 on it. I can get a shipping cost estimate if you send your location or zip code to me. Use the 'private message' service on this site. I can also send photos, or answer any other questions you may have.

Tags
alternator