Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2014, 16:02   #16

Boat: Van De Stat
Re: Looking for a Good Sloop to Sail Blue Waters Solo

Guess you are not looking in the caribbean then /... but if so i have a steel Van De Staat.. 32 fully equiped and ready to go... just come across the atlantic.. magic sail but now have to sell her family reasons... bother,,, let me know..
regards greg the kiwi
Old 24-05-2014, 20:18   #17

Boat: 32' timber sloop desgn by M. Griffith 1946; 37' timber ketch desgn H. Butler 1937; timb H28

I sailed the world around in my 32 foot timber sloop Mavourneen. I bought her in Melbourne and left from Fremantle returning after 7 years and included sails in the Arctic Circle and the Black and Baltic Seas and a 3 month cruise of the French Canals from Marseille to Le Havre as well as the Coconut Milk Run. She was built in 1946 and weighs 9tons- original design by Maurice Griffiths. Solid dependable, stable and very safe whilst still being a handy sailer. I'd certainly recommend a timber boat. And Mavourneen may be for sale to the right person!
Old 25-05-2014, 03:46   #18

Boat: Van De Stat

Sounds magic... but the cold is not for me.. french canals are fab.. and Silent Annie has a folding mast.. deck-step hinged. makes life easy... 9 ton wooden boat of 32 feet is heavy.. but would imagine she was a good sea boat.. Silent Annie full equiped is 7.5 ton and she sits and handles magic nice dry sturn cotpit.. you see some boats and??? in any sort of sea!!
Old 27-05-2014, 16:09   #19

Boat: Rustler 31

I am selling my Rustler 31, 1967, total refit, located in the San Francisco area. Beta Marine engine, new fuel tanks, all wiring replaced, North sails, new mast, Monitor wind vane and a lot more. Total setup for singlehanding. Lots of info to interested party.
Old 28-05-2014, 16:47   #20
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Vancouver 27

Keep a lookout for a Vancouver (27, 32 or 34), very good sea boat, my 27 Cacique circumnavigated 1990 to 93. She is for sale but is in the UK so probably not for you.
Good luck with your search.
Old 03-06-2014, 15:53   #21

Re: looking for a good sloop to sail blue waters solo

Here's another quote for you...I like yours.

“We are here on Earth to fart around. Don’t let anybody tell you any different.” — Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country, 2005
Old 22-06-2014, 03:58   #22

Might think about a Falmouth cutter. I am selling mine. See www.falmouthcutter.com.
Old 28-06-2014, 01:02   #23

A Mariner 31 rebuilt as a cutter-sloop, berthed on the Sea of Japan coast (nr Sakata), seaworthy under power, needs rigging (almost everything needed included) may suit you. I am trying to donate it to any yachtsman with some mechanical skills. Info&pics at "Legato " Mariner 31 and more info at gandy@home.email.ne.jp
Old 02-07-2014, 08:15   #24

Boat: Halmatic 30' sloop

Are you still looking for a sloop to sail the south Pacific??
I have a Halmatic 30 and have beensolo sailing around the Caribbean. She is a solid well constructed boat with everything you need for cruising... (you may need a few extra things for a pacific crossing)
"Pandura" is in St Martin, Caribbean adownhill run to the Panama canal.
Great Value $24,900
Cheers
Maureen Dobson
Old 04-07-2014, 23:17   #25

Boat: Hallberg Rassy, RASMUS 35

Hello.

I be straight up front, I do have my own boat for sale (HR Rasmus Ketch "WHISH") listed here. But this is about why I bought it.
Firstly the boat, I too was mid 50's solo, with years of sea time but not as a sailor. I did lots of research looking for a good, strong, safe /seaworthy and easily manageable single handed boat. I always came back to the Hallberg Rassy's; built like a tank, good deep safe centre cockpit, aft cabin to store heaps of stuff (and the option of which end to sleep in).
The reason I went for a ketch as apposed to a Sloop was simple; the sail area required for a certain boat is devided between two masts and each sail is therefore smaller a lot easier to hoist / handle and you have more options, plus I love the "steadying" sail (mizzen) you never see any of the old fishing vessels without one, they knew how boats should work, also it is possible to steer the boat using the mizzen. The long deep (heavy) keel gives great directional stability and being part of the boat isn't one of these bolt on jobs that can get knocked / snapped off. There are thousand of boats for sale but if you are taking one out on an Ocean make sure it has been designed with that in mind; and "built like a tank". Good hunting.
Old 25-07-2014, 17:11   #26

Re: looking for a good sloop to sail blue waters solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneyhill View Post
We are in Langkawi, Malaysia and are looking to sell our 13 meter sloop.

We left Seattle 7 years ago and are now in Malaysia. Kalalau is a proven blue water boat and I HIGHLY recommend the South Pacific Islands. We spent 4 years there.

Since we left in 2007 our 3 children have married, settled down and started families. I am ready to go home and be a grandparent!!

Good luck on your search. You will love the blue water community.

Kathleen
This forum is a treasure-trove that I regularly visit to glean info & advice but this is my first post. My husband will be in Langkawi Jul 26-Aug 2, 2014 looking at sailboats for sale. Please let me know if your boat is still for sale or if you know of any other monohulls for sale in the area. Thanks!
Old 25-07-2014, 21:17   #27

Boat: Freewind 40'
Send a message via Skype™ to Moufflon

Yes Moufflon is still FOR SALE we are on the HARD in AoPo Grand Marina, Phuket Thailand. at a very reasonable price.

I have pm details

Tags
sail, sloop, water