Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-10-2016, 12:27   #1

Boat: None, Currently (though looking)
Looking for 3 - 6 month Caribbean Cat Charter (Spring/Summer 2017)

Hello Sailing Friends!

I'm posting this message in this sub-forum for obvious reasons - I've posted it elsewhere on CruisersForum as well. (Hard to tell where the audience might be...)

In any case, I'm searching for a "medium term catamaran charter" somewhere in the Windward or Leeward Islands for my family of 3 (me, wife and 7 yo son). We'd certainly have other guests onboard at times so I'd prefer a mid 40's foot cat but could go as small as 40' or as large as 50'. The exact timing of this charter is variable (and negotiable depending upon the options available) but might start as early as mid-March 2017 and run through August 2017. (We could do that entire period or some significant subset of this period.)

Given the time of year, I'll want A/C (and generator) and would MUCH prefer a 3 cabin (owners) version vs 4 cabin setup. I also need to have a relatively wide range to cruise (ie not just a small set of islands such as BVIs), though willing to discuss this given my sailing experience which includes 10+ day blue water sailboat deliveries, open ocean racing, and many weeks of sail chartering over 35 years (I'm 52). I'd much prefer a boat which is significantly upgraded from the baseline charter boat with sail inventory, electronics, etc. (I am considering buying a mid 40's Cat so part of my impetus here is evaluating a live aboard situation and what I'd need/want in my own boat.)

Please provide any thoughts you might have, including any from your own similar experiences! I've done some research on this board and others and find my needs to be challenging to fill. As information, I have contacted Ron at Seabatticals Long Term Charters, so already have that base covered and am evaluating other options. I'm happy to converse online or speak offline to anyone with particular thoughts! Lastly, as my name implies, we own a beautiful 2nd home in Breckenridge, Colorado (upscale home with 4 BR/3 Bath) which might be worthwhile considering as a trade.

Much thanks!

Kevin

Tags
Caribbean, charter, rib