Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 20:07   #1

Long Term Boat Rental Windward Islands

My wife and I are looking at a 10-16 week sabbatical beginning no later than March 2014. We are interested in spending the time in the Windward Islands. We are looking for a small catamaran or 38-42' monohull. Like to start and end in Grenada. Someone that would like to earn some $$$ for their boat at the end of the season and have it left in Grenada for hurricane season, we are your people. We are looking to spend the spring between St. Lucia and Grenada.

We have extensive sailing experience, I was CG ship officer and have trans-Atlantic and transpac trips under my belt on 50' monohulls. We have chartered the Windwards in 2010.

Looking for a boat that doesn't require a ton of work during our trip, but willing to help ready it for the hard after the trip. Refrigeration a must, water maker a plus, adequate ground tackle to provide good sleep needed.

I know it is fairly early to start making this post, but want to give someone advance notice of location and opportunity.
Old 11-06-2013, 19:00   #2

Boat: Gulfstar 50 Ketch
Send a message via Skype™ to BojanglesIV
Re: Long Term Boat Rental Windward Islands

SunnySpot - check out my post here. We are chartering out our fully equipped 50' Ketch for this winter, so this may work for you.

The boat doesn't have a watermaker, but there's more than enough onboard tankage to keep you wet (probably a month's worth if there's only 2 of you) and water is generally pretty easy to come by in St. Lucia, SVG, and Grenada. Just listen to the cruiser gossip and if you hear someplace is running low (happened to us once in Rodney Bay, St. Lucia) just fill up before you go there.

Cheers,
Colin