Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 18:50   #1

Boat: Norseman 447
Lehman-Peugeot 61HP Marine Diesel Engine

This is a Peugeot diesel engine converted for marine use by Lehman Power. These engines are often (incorrectly) referred to as Lehman-Ford because many of the Lehman conversions were based on Ford engines. This engine was installed in a sailboat in 1981 and has been well-maintained and lightly used, with only 671 engine hours to date. It was last used last week and is in excellent running order. I have owned this engine in my Norseman 447 sailboat since March 2009. With the exception of a new heat exchanger, I have replaced only fluids, filters, hoses, and zincs. Results of the 2009 engine survey and subsequent oil analyses show excellent compression in all cylinders and are available for inspection. This engine uses less than one quart of oil per 100 hours.

This engine comes complete and ready to install. Components include all pumps (injection, raw water, fresh water, fuel lift), starter, injectors, heat exchanger, oil cooler, transmission cooler, alternator bracket, wiring, hoses, etc. Owners Manual and Parts Manual are also included.

Engine is available on or about the end of January 2011, when it will be pulled from the boat and replaced with a more powerful engine in preparation for extended offshore cruising.

Price is listed elsewhere as $1000, but I am happy to negotiate. Boat is located in Long Beach, CA. Cost of shipping is buyer's responsibility, but I will help with arrangements.

Contact me via PM if interested.

Tags
engine, lehman, peugeot