Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2013, 20:09   #1

Boat: 47' Steel Roberts Cutter
King marine AC Unit available in Tampa Area

Hi - running take-out. this boat is headed north, and won't need AC anymore (not like it's needed in Florida right now anyway!).

This is a King Marine AC unit, made in Largo Fl. Reputed to be an excellent unit, and ran fine right up until I took it out today. water cooled, I believe it's a D-8 or D-12 (can't really tell - no markings on it). look em up on the web.

Comes complete - 110v AC, ~13 amps. runs quiet and has control head, cooling pump and hose, all wiring, one large insulated duct hose and fitted bulkhead mounted dispersion box with adjustable louvers. All you have to do is drop this unit in, run a water line to it and you're cooling. AC guy who did my fridge said it's worth between $600 and $800 as is. I believe it's about 12 years old - but can't guarantee. was put in by previous owner. Some surface corrosion on it but nothing significant - see pics.

It's sitting on the dock in Tarpon Springs. First $400 gets it, but it has to be gone by Monday the 18th or I'll have to give it to a local live-aboard because I'm leaving Tuesday. Email bgarvey AT eastlink DOT ca
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ac unit 1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	57047   Click image for larger version

Name:	ac unit 2.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	57048  

Name:	ac unit 3.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	393.3 KB
ID:	57049   Click image for larger version

Name:	ac unit 4.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	353.1 KB
ID:	57050  

Name:	ac unit 5.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	57051  
Old 16-03-2013, 20:27   #2

Re: King marine AC Unit available in Tampa Area

ok... no takers. Anyone want this before I give it away? I'm taking all offers.
Old 16-03-2013, 20:38   #3

I'm interested in it. I'll can offer $200 and can pick it up tomorrow
Old 16-03-2013, 21:55   #4

Hey -

sounds ok - but we can't get in to the yard until MOnday am. Are you able to come by then?

thanks-

bg
Old 17-03-2013, 09:20   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSboatman View Post
Hey -

sounds ok - but we can't get in to the yard until MOnday am. Are you able to come by then?

thanks-

bg

Yes, it would be best of you can ship it to me cause I'm in Miami I will pay shipping cost. I think the best way to do this would be western union, once you receive money tomorrow just stick it in a box and take to a post office. Would this be ok?

Please advise
Old 17-03-2013, 09:36   #6

Boat: Beneteau First 42

Quote:
Hi - running take-out. this boat is headed north, and won't need AC anymore (not like it's needed in Florida right now anyway!).

This is a King Marine AC unit, made in Largo Fl. Reputed to be an excellent unit, and ran fine right up until I took it out today. water cooled, I believe it's a D-8 or D-12 (can't really tell - no markings on it). look em up on the web.

Comes complete - 110v AC, ~13 amps. runs quiet and has control head, cooling pump and hose, all wiring, one large insulated duct hose and fitted bulkhead mounted dispersion box with adjustable louvers. All you have to do is drop this unit in, run a water line to it and you're cooling. AC guy who did my fridge said it's worth between $600 and $800 as is. I believe it's about 12 years old - but can't guarantee. was put in by previous owner. Some surface corrosion on it but nothing significant - see pics.

It's sitting on the dock in Tarpon Springs. First $400 gets it, but it has to be gone by Monday the 18th or I'll have to give it to a local live-aboard because I'm leaving Tuesday. Email bgarvey AT eastlink DOT ca
That is a 16K BTU unit and is quite bullet proof. We had one for 16 years and it was an excellant unit. I had to replace it last Fall due to some installation issues that damaged the unit beyond repair--at a cost of $2600. If you like, I will be happy to hold the unit for you, in Sarasota, until you find a buyer or can place it with a consignement shop in Nakomis on your behalf. If you care to, you can send me a PM.

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Old 17-03-2013, 12:17   #7

Quote:
Hey -

thanks-

bg
Here's is my # so you can contact me so we can discuss pick up or delivery.

Joel
786-797-3065
Old 20-03-2013, 19:32   #8

Thanks very much Hylyte - I would dearly have liked to have taken you up on the offer. Unfortunately, time ran out. I had to leave Monday afternoon and fly home to NS with my family. I had no time to do anything with the unit, and so in the end it went to a sailor from Turkey who is living on his Irwin at the marina here, barely scraping out a living sanding boat bottoms. he couldn't afford anything, so I just gave it to him in the end.

a loss for me, but I feel warm about helping out a fellow sailor.

thanks again for the kind offer.

bg

Tags
marine