Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2008, 11:13   #1

Boat: Hartley Queenslander 36
Hydrovane Self-Steering Windvane

It constantly amazes me how many boats sit in marinas with windvanes and never go anywhere, and yet they are like gold dust on the second hand market!
We desperately want a Hydrovane. If you have one which you never use, or know of one for sale anywhere, we would be very pleased to hear from you.
We are based in the UK, but will look at options anywhere in the world.
Thanks

www.concretefloats.com
www.sailingmissmoneypenny.com
Old 23-09-2008, 15:47   #2

Boat: Lagoon 380 Owners Version
I have one here in the states I'm will to part with for 3,000.
Old 18-12-2008, 16:27   #3

Boat: 1975 Alberg 37 Yawl
Is your hydrovane still available? I have a friend with an Alberg 37 who is looking for one. He used to have a Hydrovane on his previous steel sloop so knows what he's looking for.

Thanks,

Tom in Kinsale, VA
Old 26-12-2008, 08:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.lawie View Post
I have one here in the states I'm will to part with for 3,000.

Hi I am interested in your hydrovane. Is it still for sale?
thanks,
grant
Old 15-01-2009, 23:08   #5

hydrovane wanted

I'm also looking for a hydrovane if anybody knows where I can fine one. thanks
Old 17-01-2009, 13:19   #6

Location: aboard our boat and summer in beautiful Kye Bay Comox BC Canada
Boat: 78 Cooper Ketch 40 feet
Send a message via Skype™ to luepetri
any wind vanes out there?

notice that you were looking for one did you happen to find more than one??
Old 18-01-2009, 22:56   #7

not a one. . .
Old 05-04-2010, 05:02   #8

Boat: Van de Stadt 44
Wanted: Hydrovane

I looking for Hydrovane if you don't need it sell it.
Many sailors have windvanes but don't use in coastal navigation.I starting my circumnavigation in May(www.rejswagnera.pl). Perhaps we both can do good bussines
ulysses@g.pl
Old 05-04-2010, 07:03   #9

Boat: Lagoon 380 Owners Version
Mine was sold. Sorry.
Old 07-06-2010, 13:12   #10

Boat: Looking for an OVNI, Garcia or Allures
Hydrovane for sale

We are returning from the Caribien and will come to Falmouth from the Azores end of june 2010. From there we go to the Netherlands, Germany and back to DK. We bought a new Hydrovane before setting out July 2009, because we could not find a second hand one. Or more precisely, the two Hydrovanes we found was so old that newer product developments necessary for a good match to our boat was missing.

We have not used the unit more than a few hours for fun. It was purely bought to backup our lovely autopilot and as an emergency rudder. We have a Dufour 385, and had a special bracket for assymmetric installation manufactured for the upper connection point - the bracket works with the H bracket from Hydrovane. There is a very good chance that the special bracket can be made to fit your boat by simple cut and reweld. The lower connection point is another H bracket. The Hydrovane model is a VXA2D, shaft length is L. Extra vane cover and locking pin.

These Hydrovanes live forever and I sell for 75% of new price and the special bracket comes for free.

Our Hydrovane can be delivered from Falmouth and onwards as we will then enter smaller waters..
Old 09-06-2010, 14:00   #11

hydrovane

I have an older model for sale. I am Canadian West Coast
Old 09-06-2010, 14:56   #12

Hydrovane

Quote:
Originally Posted by luepetri View Post
notice that you were looking for one did you happen to find more than one??

If still looking, I have one. brisha45@aol.com

Brian
Old 11-06-2010, 21:57   #13

How much do you want for the hydrovane and would you be interested in sending to Australia?
Cheers Tradey
Old 14-06-2010, 10:34   #14

Hi Tradey - actually I have to dig out the pieces from storage and take to local distributor to see what they think is a fair price. Probably not practical to ship to Australia - it weighs a lot plus money changing hands is an issue.

Brian
Old 19-07-2010, 03:25   #15

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
We are returning from the Caribien and will come to Falmouth from the Azores end of june 2010. From there we go to the Netherlands, Germany and back to DK. We bought a new Hydrovane before setting out July 2009, because we could not find a second hand one. Or more precisely, the two Hydrovanes we found was so old that newer product developments necessary for a good match to our boat was missing.

We have not used the unit more than a few hours for fun. It was purely bought to backup our lovely autopilot and as an emergency rudder. We have a Dufour 385, and had a special bracket for assymmetric installation manufactured for the upper connection point - the bracket works with the H bracket from Hydrovane. There is a very good chance that the special bracket can be made to fit your boat by simple cut and reweld. The lower connection point is another H bracket. The Hydrovane model is a VXA2D, shaft length is L. Extra vane cover and locking pin.

These Hydrovanes live forever and I sell for 75% of new price and the special bracket comes for free.

Our Hydrovane can be delivered from Falmouth and onwards as we will then enter smaller waters..

Hi. We are up the road from Falmouth in Totnes, finishing a refit of our 40 foot boat. We are looking for a Hydrovane before we set off in a few weeks (August) so it sounds like it might just be the answer for us - particularly since it is an L shaft length. Hydrovane tell us we also need a 'special bracket' so perhaps we could manage to customise yours! Please email me if it is still for sale. Look forward to hearing from you. Fair winds!

Tags
hydrovane