Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2014, 11:39   #1

Boat: Cal-Jensen 34 w Yanmar 3
Send a message via Skype™ to sonAdmiralson
Glander Tavana 34 w fwc Yanmar and dinghy $19k

Boat currently moored at the Montego Bay Yacht Club turnkey ready to sail anywhere.

The Glander Tavana is a traditional, elegant 33 foot centerboard sloop with a spacious cockpit. . Inc fiberglass dinghy w 4hp, 3 deep sea trolling rods, spearfishing, and snorkeling gear . Fully self sufficient boat with new (<400hrs) 30hp yanmar 3YMF that only burns 1/3 gallon/hour. This gives the boat a range of about 500 miles. Its also plenty of engine for the boat I've seen seven knots under power. Sleeps up to four guests. The forward V berth is 7'X7'X7' with a new memory foam mattress, and the other long bunk is about 6' . Features autopilot, shore power, solar electricity , DVD/TV fully equipped galley, Bimini top, swim ladder. Digital chartplotter on the bigscreen monitor interfaces with the Raymarine autopilot and your PC and any GPS .
The shoal draft allows anchorage in shallow protected lagoons away from the crowd and to approach quiet beaches by only a few yards. Set up thoughtfully for liveaboard cruising, with running salt water for washing dishes, and a rainwater catch system that feeds the tank directly. Ten porthole windows of the latest and most expensive type, so light and air are terrific below, and the windows seal tight. Large forward hatch, same. Also all the windows, hatch and entry have screens and are mosquito proof. This is a reliable, sorted boat with no surprises and many years of great service left in it, the sails were just serviced at Phillips sailmakers in Nassau and the boat crossed the windward passage from the Exumas this past winter to Jamaica. The interior is very clean and bright this is not a dark and dingy boat on the inside its an extremely practical working setup with a digital charge controller and enough fuel and water onboard for any passage. Ground tackle includes two multibraid anchor lines one 3/4 on 3/8 150' each and two anchors one Fortress 23 and one steel Danforth. This is no weekend warrior from Montego Bay you can sail back through the Bahamas to Florida , north to Puerto Rico, or west to Central America and Belize
The Tavanas fiberglass hull was molded in one piece using a balanced hand lay-up with alternate layers of 1 1/2 oz material and a 24 oz woven roving. The hull is approximately 1/2" think at the sheer, gradually increasing in thickness to 5/8" at the keep, forming an extra strong rigid hull.
The Tavana has a solid keel, consisting of 4,000 lbs of lead ballast, surrounded by resin.
The Tavana will cruise between 6 and 6 1/2 kots in a 15 knot breeze.
Often called the best cruising boat for the Bahamas and Florida, this centerboard sloop with beautiful lines only draws 3' board up and will get you into the restricted areas and closer to the islands.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sailboat1.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	88401   Click image for larger version

Name:	sailboat 2.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	88402  

Name:	00x0x_l3UWVNhzJON_600x450.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	88406  
Attached Images

Old 25-09-2014, 14:58   #2

Re: Glander Tavana 34 w fwc Yanmar and dinghy $19k

Jeez son. This is much fancier than any thing I am used to. I would almost be afraid to touch anything (especially the electronics) for fear of messing it up. This may be a plus to you or not. I am not too tech savvy.
Place looks like a palace to me. I can see why you would want someone to keep an eye on her. She is beautiful.
I am new to the forum and just finding my way around. After reading your stats I am encouraged. What do you teach?
If you are still interested in me I am, still, cotton
Bhodeitrue@yahoo.com
God Bless
Old 31-10-2014, 09:40   #3

yes shes still available, please pm me for more details and photos
Old 31-10-2014, 10:35   #4

heres another photo
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00R0R_eZxQou9SBg8_600x450.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	90636  
Old 26-11-2014, 14:08   #5

Boat: O'Day 37' Center Cockpit

A Veteran of the Marine Corps and Coast Guard I am a single guy, recently retired looking for a small sailboat to live aboard and learn to sail. The ideal boat is 30-35'. I need the hull to be sound and livable from the start but I am a quick learner, quite handy and can fix almost anything myself. I hope to find a boat in a slip that is transferable. I prefer a boat that needs repair so I can become familiar with the systems. Location is not a big deal. I have $9,000 cash and I am open to owner terms. If I can keep slip fees and groceries below $800 per month I can afford $1000 per month until payoff.
Thank you for considering me.
Dean
Dinomontana63
Old 29-12-2014, 18:55   #6

Boat: Looking

is this boat still available ? not sure how to pm here as I am new to the forum.. but would like to talk to you about the boat if you still have her..

Tags
yanmar, dinghy