Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 18:01   #1

Boat: CHB 50
Giveaway Price - Raymarine Dual Station 72mi Open Array Colour Radar

I have two of these identical systems, this one goes to the first person to contact me and the other is going on my Trawler

Nearly new OPEN ARRAY 72 mile radar system removed from Canadian Coast Guard vessels when they upgraded their fleet in 2009 to Raymarine's new HD models. This high end "open array" "dual station" marine radar system is one of the most expensive and powerful radars that Raymarine offers. If you have ever dreamed of buying a decent radar for your boat, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to pick up Raymarine's best "top of the line" radar system for not much more than the cheapest of low power closed array systems. The system is (approx) a 2002 -2004 model which has had near zero use and is in virtually new condition. (Even the open array antenna which is exposed to the weather still has the paper stickers on it from the factory). The system consists of a 10KW open array 72 mile scanner with base unit along with two huge 10" display units - one for the flybridge and one for the lower helm. The complete system is well over $10,000.00 new with optional cables and tax. Details of each component are as follows: Model 9S 10KW Pathfinder 48" Open Array antenna and pedestal, RL80C-Plus HSB2 10 inch colour display, R80-Plus HSB2 10 inch monochrome display (either display can be used as master or slave), This is a complete system in original boxes including the antenna mounting hardware, recessing hardware kits for display units, operators manuals on disc, paper instructions & drill template, sealant, all the standard cables which come with each component and also all the expensive optional cables in "extra length" needed for connecting SeaTalk, Nmea, and HSB2 data transfer. Cable length should be sufficient for up to a 50ft boat.

You can google the models listed above for pics, I can't post links here.

I have connected & tested everything and guarantee all works perfectly. (can be seen running if desired). Will sell the complete system for $2600. (no taxes of course). This is about 1/2 the price of the Open Array antenna alone, sorry but I can not hold the unit, the first person with cash gets it. Located near London Ontario, can ship at buyers expense & risk. (Complete system is likely around 120lbs)

(Note that there is no hidden surprises and absolutely nothing wrong with this system, the low price is simply to sell it fast with no haggling or hassle). I have two of these radar systems that I got at a great price, one I am putting on my Trawler, this is the other. I certainly don't need both.

FINE PRINT: The only drawback to this radar is if you have other Raymarine equipment you can not output your "C series widescreen" or "E series" chartplotter display screen to the radar display screens or vice versa but I am not sure why anyone would want to anyway since this radar system has dual displays. Virtually all navigational data can be exchanged via Nmea between every device on board regardless of make or model of your other displays or equipment. Note that the C & E series chartplotters and the radar can exchange all screens and data through a laptop (incl C Map, AIS and radar/chart overlay if using Raymarine navigation software on the laptop - which I don't use).

MORE FINE PRINT: Due to the very high power, 72 mile range which is literally one side of the lake to the other, the system requires 24 Volts instead of 12V. The 24volts needed to power the system can be easily provided through a cheap 12 to 24 volt step-up transformer available most anywhere. I can recommend a model and local supplier if needed.
Old 02-02-2012, 19:00   #2

Re: Giveaway price- Raymarine dual station 72mi Open Array Colour Radar

Hello, so did you sell this system?
John
Old 02-02-2012, 19:37   #3

Boat: CHB 50
Re: Giveaway price- Raymarine dual station 72mi Open Array Colour Radar

I almost forgot the posting here, yes still have it. If interested you can send me an email at the address in my profile.

Cheers

Tags
radar, raymarine