Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2009, 12:08   #16
Armchair Bucketeer

Do you have one in a different colour?. and slightly bigger. and cheaper

And will you deliver her free of charge? to my cousin in Uzbekistan
Old 15-01-2009, 20:09   #17

Boat: Gulfstar 44 Sloop
Rybovich boatyard has agreed to haul the boat, fair the hull, do a barrier coat, topside awlgrip and bottom job and build a custom cradle for less than $100K. Please provide the lat/lon for the shipping destination you desire. The buyer will need to come up with the $18 "change of title" fee.
Old 15-01-2009, 21:04   #18

Boat: Looking for a new boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish62 View Post
Rybovich boatyard has agreed to haul the boat, fair the hull, do a barrier coat, topside awlgrip and bottom job and build a custom cradle for less than $100K. Please provide the lat/lon for the shipping destination you desire. The buyer will need to come up with the $18 "change of title" fee.
That is hysterical.
Old 16-01-2009, 00:23   #19
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
There are a lot of old boats like this one on the bottom in this area- and some people wonder why some folks who live ashore in the area get upset about live aboards in Florida?
Maybes its time to,drain the fuel and tow her out to sea and sink her-before she goes down here and makes the owner libil for the cost of clean up=that could be 100k-and thats no joke!
Old 16-01-2009, 05:47   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
There are a lot of old boats like this one on the bottom in this area- and some people wonder why some folks who live ashore in the area get upset about live aboards in Florida?
Maybes its time to,drain the fuel and tow her out to sea and sink her-before she goes down here and makes the owner libil for the cost of clean up=that could be 100k-and thats no joke!
If she didn't have that old Lister diesel, she probably wouldn't be worth the effort and I would be looking at artificial reef material. But she does have a running engine & sails, so I figured someone would be interested. I thought Pat was gonna come down & grab her, but I guess he has enough projects.
Old 16-01-2009, 08:47   #21

Boat: 42 ferro, La Vanagada
What happened to the real cruisers?

I've read tales of superhuman feats in this site, how entire engines get taken out of boats single handled ('No sweat', the mighty cruisers say), how entire decks get ripped out and hull planks replaced. How entire boats get built on some mighty heroes back yard. How entire transoms in fiberglass boats get redone, how windvanes are installed, how sloops become ketch's etc. These are the inspirational and educational stories I want to read and the examples I want to emulate.

And then I read about the other type of cruisers, that interrupt their discussions on 300K sailboats to comment on how a STEEL sailboat that just a little bit of paint, cleaning and minor maintenance, with a running engine and sails, should be scuttled just because its dirty. I reminds me of the tales of the filthy rich replacing their cadillacs because the tires got dirty. Tsk, Tsk.

Too bad the boat is in the east coast, and a little small.. otherwise I would take it.
Old 16-01-2009, 11:00   #22
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Ok this is a job for......Superman
This is should be easy for you-
I know a trucker who will deliver it to your door for around $1.35--1.50 a mile and if your not paying anything for the boat - that means your cost is less then 3-4k- I would even volunteer to help move the boat from the mooring to the hoist , the cost is a few hundred bucks to haul it at Cracker Boys about a 1/2 mile away-

Has anyone been reading the Anchoring threads here and on the SSCA board in Fl - this kind of vessel is why Crusers are getting a bad rap for anchoring out- and many cities are banning us or trying to out law anchoring in the city limits-thay are just looking for an excuse here in Palm Beach County to stop all anchoring- because of vessels like this one-
I think its good that the owner is trying to get rid of it but- here in S.Fl you can get a boat this size thats in usabule condistion for $4-5 K

With in a half mile of this boat there are about a half dozen other boats that have sunk and are partly out of the water-and atleast another dozen like this one ready to go down any day - Who can blame the City for outlawing anchoring?
The local police or Coast Guard have most likely taken the numbers off the hull already and WILL come after the last owner of record when it goes down , and thats not going to be pretty- the fines for the spilled oil alone could be in the 6 digits-SO Superman Im here to help you get this boat ,Save our environment and Beautify the Riveria Beach water way in a single bound unless this boat is made of Kryptonite- heres your chance!
Old 16-01-2009, 13:27   #23

Boat: Currently Stranded
Starfish,

Is there a normal email i can contact you through?
Old 16-01-2009, 13:34   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by csiunatc View Post
Starfish,

Is there a normal email i can contact you through?
PM me & I'll PM you back.
Old 16-01-2009, 16:19   #25

Boat: Ranger 22, currently saving for a larger cruising boat
Sorry starfish but I don't think even I have enough steel laying aroud to repair this boat.
Old 18-01-2009, 17:11   #26

Boat: Catalina Morgan 45
WE had a similar-looking boat built in Holland in the 1960s. It was (and is) in good nick still. It was incredibly well built in the hull department.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:29   #27

contact information

Hi, My name is Joe/Joseph. I have tired to call your sons number but only get messaging.
Do you have a number I can contact you at so we can talk?
my email is: mckay1jm@hotmail.com so you don't have to post it here.
I've been following the thread for several days now.
Thanks,
jojotoo
Old 04-02-2009, 19:19   #28

Boat: Roberts Offshore 38
I'm with Andrejsv. If I was looking for a free boat, I'd grab this one. Even if I had to pay to ship her to Toronto. Some people just don't see potential I guess.

Sabre
Old 04-02-2009, 23:21   #29

Boat: Beneteau 50
jojotoo - suggest you put some spaces in your email address above, or spammers will pick it up. Use "at" instead of "@" too.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:26   #30

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered
What do ya reckon, Looks like a steel H28?

http://www.boatlocator.com.au/for-sale/sold/12489

http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-fo...aspx?R=6554074

Dave