Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 18:35   #1

Boat: 1974 Westsail 32
Fourwinds II Wind Generator

I have a Fourwinds II wind generator complete with the M-5 Meter for wind and solar measurements. It also comes with a spare set of blades and the Original owners manual is also included. Pole is not included.

This unit came with the boat and was in working condition when it was used last summer. It appears to be in very good condition.

Practical Sailor Magazine did a review on wind generators a few years back, and Fourwinds II was right at the top.

I'm asking $500 for the unit.

Shipping not included,but I will ship wherever you are located at cost. I will be in St. Augustine area for the next week if you are able to pick up.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2014, 10:50   #2

Re: Fourwinds II Wind Generator

Very interested. Sent PM
Old 07-05-2014, 12:53   #3

Unit has been sold.
Old 07-05-2014, 15:22   #4

Boat: Cartwright 36 Cutter
Send a message via Skype™ to SVTwilight

To whoever bought this I would be VERY careful to inspect what you get.

I had made an agreement to purchase the unit yesterday and was proceeding to pay for it through paypal.

Strangely the seller sent me multiple invoices through paypal last night.

The seller sent me another email today and I payed through paypal a couple of hours later.

Then I payed for the unit and later today he obviously sold it to someone else in a hurry.

I am always cautious about people in a hurry to sell something they didn't use themselves. Sounds a lot like something could be STOLEN or not as advertised. Anyway, I got a paypal refund, so it is for someone else to worry about now.
Old 07-05-2014, 18:58   #5

Talk about sour grapes. First off, be careful of who you accuse of being a thief. The Cruising community is a very small one, and you never know when we might cross paths. As to your your decision to purchase the Fourwinds, which I indeed agree to sell you, it is contingent upon you to communicate and make prompt payment. You did neither. I sent you four messages, two PM's on the Forum, and two private emails requesting payment and shipping information. Not a word was heard from you, in spite of the fact that I informed you that I had two serious buyer wishing to purchase the unit and needed to hear back from you asap. Still not a word from you. I even sent you my cell phone number and asking you to please call if you had any questions or problems. Still nothing heard from you. Perhaps you are not well versed in the ways of commerce, but the basic premise is that it is necessary for one to make payment promptly upon agreement to purchase. Tire kickers are a dime a dozen.
Quite frankly, I was very surprised when late this afternoon I received notification that you had made a payment thru Paypal. Unfortunately I had, after waiting almost 24 hours with ZERO response from you, sold the generator to a buyer with cash in hand. I, upon receiving your Paypal payment, immediately sent you a refund and explained my actions.
I'm sorry that the world doesn't revolve around you, but my time is more valuable than to wait for you to decide, if and when, you are actually going to pay for something. I don't know you from Adam, and just because, in a couple of vague emails you state that you wish to buy something, really holds very little water. Had you been serious, or responsible, one quick phone call, text, or short email would have the generator for you, but instead you chose to ignore my repeated requests for communication.
I'm sorry things didn't work out for you, but bite your tongue before you start making wild accusations.
Your procrastination cost you the opportunity to purchase the generator. Choose your words carefully.
Old 08-05-2014, 00:05   #6

It is not sour grapes at all. Just a fair warning to everyone on the forum that is further justified by your vile and openly threatening response here.

You sent me two invoices at 8 PM and I paid for the unit on paypal at 12:53 PM the next day. More lies since that is not " late afternoon" as you suggest.

i sent you the shipping information, so again you lie.

Perhaps you are not well versed in the ways of commerce since lying and threatening people is not common practice where I come from.

I am sorry I did not make my world revolve around you for the transactio and that I responded three hours after your last email and not within internet nanao seconds but, oh right, I was busy having a life and not sitting around with nothing to do thinking up a bunch of BS like this worthless crap you just posted here.

AND TO WHOEVER BOUGHT THIS IT IS EVEN CLEARER NOW THAT YOU SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 02:00   #7

"I am always cautious about people in a hurry to sell something they didn't use themselves. Sounds a lot like something could be STOLEN or not as advertised."

So you offered to buy goods suspecting they might be stolen.

Who's dishonest here?
Old 08-05-2014, 05:08   #8

Not at all. A clever observation that you make, but I simply thought it fair to warn others here since I have seen people get scammed before on this list.

I didn't realize this until I got going on the process. I may be naive, but in general I like to trust people.

I am glad it now turned out this way as I remain with a clear conscience and my money.

You can now go back to banging your head in peace.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:52   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornyesterday View Post
"I am always cautious about people in a hurry to sell something they didn't use themselves. Sounds a lot like something could be STOLEN or not as advertised."

So you offered to buy goods suspecting they might be stolen.

Who's dishonest here?
Thank you. This is obviously a disturbed person, with some serious anger issues. To be honest, I couldn't be happier that he was not capable of purchasing my generator. It MAKES MY DAY.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:48   #10

Boat: Gulf 32

Yes we should be careful about people who sell you something and then change the rules? winey liberals still believe Obama stories, or stolen goods? Will is a fine and honest man, and I am guessing he is more like me, who does not suffer fools well.

Tags
generator, wind, wind generator