Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Steenbergen, the Netherlands
Boat: Formosa Ketch 51
Formosa 51 Ketch SY Alaya
We are selling our very beautiful and very seaworthy ship SY Alaya. Formosa 51 Ketch
let us fail to realize our dream.
The ship is ready to leave for great voyages!!
: Euro: 175000/ US$: 230500
Birth Place: Steenbergen, The Netherlands
Refitted between 2008 and 2014, teak deck
, new equipment
, stoves, kitchen, bathroom, etc.
Yard Formosa Boat Building Corp. Taipei Tawain
Designer: William Garden, USA
Photo's can be found:
Cruisers & Sailing Forums - SY Alaya's Album: SY Alaya
SY Alaya Slideshow by bakker-agterberg | Photobucket
- Load displacement (kg) Empty: 57320,15 lb and 66138,63 lb loaded.
- Ballast (kg) 17636,97 lb.
- Vertical clearance: approximately 68,9 ft.
- Hull length overall : (ie including bowsprit) is 57,41 ft, hull length is 51 ft.
- Power : Ford Lehman 2715E 6 cylinder 4 stroke (engine number S125832)120 hp / 88 kW.
- Engine Hours: 1,300 hours.
- Cruising speed (knots) : about 6 knots at 1000-1100 rpm ; Max speed (knots) about 9 knots.
- Consumption (l / h): approx 1,06 gal:1- 1,32 gal:1 / hour at cruising speed.
- Winches : 52st 2x, 2x 45ST (all winches are recently serviced).
- Mainsail furling (checked in 2012).
- Mainsail reefing system 24Volt Stow-a-way system.
- rolbezaan (checked in 2012).
- Teak Deck design, Renovated in 2012/2013 and approximately 30% of the teak is renewed .
- Windows double glazed windows Securit in deckhouse, Goiot various hatches and various round portholes in the hull.
- Other: fiberglass reinforced polyester hull, painted in 2014 with two components paint.
- The bowsprit is equipped Iroco. Teak rubbing strake with stainless steel strip.
- The ship has been on the shore for the last time in 2014 and with antifouling and anodes.
- Material / color: Teak, Mahogany carrot / walnut cabinet doors.
- Headroom : approx 6,56 ft.
- Toilet: 2x manual RM69 toilet.
- Shower/ bath: 2x bathroom with shower , both repainted in 2014.
- Sound/TV: 2011: Clarion radio (satellite receiver) / cd-speler/IPOD/IPhone connection with Bose surround sound speakers in saloon.
- TV 2010: Samsung SyncMaster HDTV.
- Cooker / Stoves 2011: Force 10 4 burner stainless steel stove.
- Oven 2011: Force 10 stainless steel oven.
- Heating : 2011: Stainless steel Dickinson Antarctic diesel heater (about 1,06 gal:1 of diesel per day) in dekhouse and Webasto Airtop 2000 in the frontcabins.
- Other: The shower in aft cabin was renovated in 2008.
- The walls and ceilings in the galley, salon, dekhouse, aft cabin (ceiling and bathroom) in 2011/2012 insulated and equipped with new ceiling tiles with new LED lighting.
- The galley is fully renovated in 2011 and features a blue Corian counter.
- The woodwork in the dekhouse, the salon and the galley is painted in the autumn of 2012.
- washer machine (230 V) and small dryer (230 volts).
- 2011 Bow thruster: Vetus 24 Volt 160kgf / 7 kW bow thruster (around 250).
- 2012 Battery charger: Mastervolt Combi: 24Volt/2500Watt/60A and a Mastervolt battery charger 12V/20A Magic.
- Dynamo 2x (1x 24V/110A Mastervolt Alpha alternator 2012).
- 2012 Inverter: Mastervolt Combi: 24Volt/2500Watt/60A.
- Water pressure system June 2013: 24 Volt Flojet 2.5 Bar water pump with a pressure vessel .
- Hot water about 10,57 gal:1 boiler (via 230 Volt).
- Water tank approx 264,17 gal:1 stainless steel tank.
- Holding tank 1x approx 31,7 gal:1 stainless steel gray water (showers + sinks).
- Shore permanent connection with an RCD and a shore power cable.
- Volt meter 3x, 5x Ampere meter, 1x Hz meters.
- New engine mounts from 2011 (when the engine is in its entirety been out, this is a stainless steel bracket made with tap, which is included).
- In 2012/2013 has replaced the fuel lines, the exhaust hose, plastic water seal, aerator and all hoses around the engine.
- In 2012, a tunnel thruster placed.
- 12 Volt Mastervolt Battery Shunt Monitor (2012),
- 24 Volt Mastervolt Battery Shunt Monitor (2012),
- Mastervolt MasterView Easy MKII (2012).
- 2014: New plastic valves in the toilets.
- 2011: All through-hull fittings and bronze valves replaced in 2011.
- The engine gets in the autumn of 2013 a motor turn.
- Genoa reefing system Profurl C5120 drum installed in June 2013 and features a new reefing line
- Role Jib (2012: recut and checked).
- In 2012, all nuts and bolts for Vande chain plates replaced by 316L stainless steel and all sheets, halyards and lines renewed. Aluminum Spinnaker pole.
- Stainless steel rails for tacking jib mounted in 2012.
- no canopy, but there is a design for a doghouse present.
- Swimming ladder loose bathing ladder (amidships on the port side mounting).
- Sea rails, pullpit, stainless steel scepters (2012), stainless steel pulpit, painted (in 2013) teak pulpit, double stainless steel, guard rail stainless steel (2012) with side passages.
- Radar Reflector Trilens, placed in 2013.
- Life jackets, harnesses Life Line tires on deck with 5x harness.
- Life raft: 12 WFA Oceanic person liferaft in container, mounted in a stainless steel bracket .
- Fire: May 2013: 2x foam extinguisher 4,41 lb, 1x sprinkler in engine room.
- Gas well in 2011: Gas well and hoses renewed .
- The ship is like Z-ship registered in the land register, cancellation is cost seller, transfer fee is buyer.