Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2014, 00:37   #16

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar
Re: Family of four preparing for 6 month Caribbean live aboard Adventure - need boat!

Quote:
Jim - he said they were spending 6 months in the Caribbean, not RTW... You can do allot of learning in sail friendly waters...
Umm.. would you want to lease your boat to someone with zip experience and skill for a six month bash around anywhere! I sure as hell would not... The RTW reference was a bit of hyperbole, but we do get a lot of those inquiries here on CF.

Jim
Old 19-09-2014, 18:10   #17

Re: Family of four preparing for 6 month Caribbean live aboard Adventure - need boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Umm.. would you want to lease your boat to someone with zip experience and skill for a six month bash around anywhere! I sure as hell would not... The RTW reference was a bit of hyperbole, but we do get a lot of those inquiries here on CF.
Jim
You are 100% right. sorry. I had forgot the area OP posted to and was just thinking about the subject in terms of can/should he go... not if I would lend him my boat to do it in.
Old 24-09-2014, 05:18   #18

(Now if you don't have any experience in buying a boat find someone to help you, even if you pay them $500 to help you find it and look at it. Their experienced eye can make this approach really work. But if you know NADA about boats, boat systems and buying boat, then trying to do something like this on your own could be a Capt Ron Disaster where you never leave the dock)[/QUOTE]

Hi we are new here to this forum and looking into doing a similar thing with the family. We are experienced cruisers (before kids) but need to get back out there. Just would like some more info 'SV Third Day' on how to track down such a helpful person for around $500 to find and look at a boat for us ?

Tags
Caribbean, family, rib