Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-04-2015, 09:45   #1

Discounted BVI Charter for May 27 - June 3

Hey There,

My family was planning on chartering a Orana 44 Catamaran from May27-June 3. They put the deposit down and just last minute, my dad got diagnosed with cancer. We were too late to cancel and now risk losing our deposit in full unless someone picks up the rental. The rental price was cut $1000 because of this.

Specials | British Virgin Islands (Tortola)

Weird time for sure. But definitely a wake up call for anyone waiting to pursue they're dreams!
Best,
Patrick
Old 23-04-2015, 19:05   #2

Boat: 47' Steel Roberts Cutter
Re: Discounted BVI Charter for May 27 - June 3

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. But - it is not necessarily the death sentence it once was. many folks on this forum have fought cancer and won, for now. Some have not and are no longer with us.

I lost my dad - my best friend, mentor, sailing and drinking buddy, to it 18 months ago.

Alas I cannot take your charter - but I can suggest something. Do the charter with your family and your dad anyway!!! if he was only just diagnosed, he's almost certainly got time to do it, and it may be something you look back on in the future as a wonderful and very important occasion.

Seriously - do it anyway. you won't regret it.

best of luck-
Old 24-04-2015, 11:12   #3

Re: Discounted BVI Charter for May 27 - June 3

Hey there NSboatman,

Thanks for the kind words. It's definitely encouraging knowing a lot of people beat this. We were actually planning on going even after the diagnosis! Unfortunately, after all the testing and consultation, he had to start chemo and will be engaged with it for the next 8 weeks. Hence the late cancellation on our end.

Thanks for all the encouragement!

Patrick

Tags
charter