Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2011, 22:10   #1

Boat: C&C 41, Nemesis
Crewsaver 6-Person Liferaft in Rigid Container - In Sydney, Australia

For Sale: 6 Person Crewsaver liferaft. Suitable for crusing, but not big enough for the ocean racing we are now doing. The 6 person Crewsaver (attached photo and .pdf) was bought in California in October 2008. Inspection was good for 1 year. We bought it from the previous owner with the stipulation that it pass a re-pack inspection (no pass, no pay) and it did with the cylinder and valve being replaced along with any of the other out of date items. The raft is currently at the repack station in Wollongong and can be taken as is or re-packed and re-certified. We will offer the buyer the same guarantee that it will pass inspection or you can walk away.

This Crewsaver raft has the optional inflatable floor and a huge boarding platform. It is in a rigid container (white fiberglass) and has the dimensions of 33"x23"x16" and weighs 125 pounds (838mm x 584mm x 406mm and 56.7kg). You will need to purchase a mount and auto-release if your installation requires it.

This raft will be a great addition to any cruising yacht, but is not suitable for our ocean racing, hence the sale. Please let me know of your offer and any additional questions.

$599.00 for the raft
Will guarantee passing repack, but then you pay for the repack/re-certification. (No pass, no pay)

This raft is available in Sydney or can be inspected and picked up in Woolongong. Information below is from Richard of Bulbeck Marine, he is willing to chat with you about the raft now or after it is opened for servicing:

Bulbeck Marine - Marine Safety and Servicing - Richard
Unit 1 / 12 Ralph Black Drive
North Wollongong NSW 2500
Phone: 02 4226 6917

Basic costs are:
$350 + GST - is their basic servicing cost.
$~750 + GST - If raft is in good condition and very little needs done the cost rises to ~750
$~1300 +GST - if most things need replacing.

This raft is suitable for cruising, and based on the last repack I'd guess it will coming in about $800 and I'm confident about the condition of the raft enough to guarantee it will pass or I pay.

For cruising, you are not required to replace/repack the raft, it's your choice. You can also let things like food and water stores be beyond their service date. I would still replace all batteries and vital safety gear that is beyond date range, but that is my choice and buying it you can make that choice.

If you choose to go forward with purchasing the raft, once Richard cracks it open he will give you a full accounting and costing of what needs done. He will also only go forward with a repack if he believes you will get 5 years out of the raft, kind of his own service to you.

Please call Richard if you want to discuss any of this, or post back to me any questions and if you want to purchase the raft.

Thanks,
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crewsaver6personSolasALiferaft.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	22927  
Old 19-04-2011, 20:21   #2

Boat: C&C 41, Nemesis
Re: Crewsaver 6-Person Liferaft in Rigid Container - In Sydney, Australia

This raft has been sold. Thanks to Richard of Bulbeck Marine in Wollongong, after dealing with him over this raft I would recommend using him for sales or servicing of a new raft.

Bulbeck Marine - Marine Safety and Servicing - Richard
Unit 1 / 12 Ralph Black Drive
North Wollongong NSW 2500
Phone: 02 4226 6917

Tags
Australia, sydney