Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2015, 10:05   #1

CPT brand wheel autopilot II

For sale: CPT brand wheel autopilot II. $900

This wheel pilot is the super strong “Slocum” offshore Autopilot II with the upgraded ball bearings for the drive spindle (as opposed to the standard sleeve bearings). This size of autopilot is being used on a wide range of sailboats, including some heavy displacement boats up to 50 feet ! A complete listing of boats using this autopilot is available at the manufacturers website. Some of the boats steered by CPT Autopilots - CPT Autopilot Inc.

This wheel pilot is used as the primary unit on many boats. I bought this autopilot to serve as a “spare” back-up pilot on a Caliber 33 cruising boat fitted with a below decks autopilot, and many other cruisers do the same (see various threads on this forum) Once the support brackets are initially installed onto the pedestal steering guard and the drive wheel attached to the steering wheel then the electronic control units can be removed and stored below. If the below decks pilot fails this CPT Autopilot can be quickly installed in a few minutes with some thumb screws and plugged into a 12 v outlet. Finally the drive belt has to be slipped onto the drive wheel. This ease of installation makes it a favorite of delivery skippers who like to carry a spare pilot when delivering boats with uncertain autopilots.

You can visit the website of the manufacturer for a complete discussion of this type of autopilot.
Order a new CPT Autopilot - CPT Autopilot Inc.

The current version sells for $1,895, not including the wired remote control that is included in this sale. Included in the sale are all the following parts necessary to install onto a steering pedestal

Slocum” offshore Autopilot II Control / drive unit with the upgraded ball bearings for the drive spindle with ss pedestal mount
gyroscope compass course sensor and ss mounting bracket
12.75" diameter wheel pulley with molded toothed pulley and six ss J-bolts to attach to wheel spokes
two toothed drive belts
two spare shear pins
wired remote control
Instruction manual
This unit has had very light use and is in perfect working order. Will provide 3 months warranty

Located on the eastern shore of Maryland (Cambridge) if you want to arrange to examine the unit. The entire weight is about 13 pounds and so UPS shipping can be arranged
Old 29-03-2015, 18:56   #2

Boat: Tayana 37
Re: CPT brand wheel autopilot II

Pm sent,

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 30-03-2015, 06:14   #3

PM sent also. I'm interested if Tailwheel falls thru

Sent from my XT1080 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 30-03-2015, 14:45   #4

Boat: Tayana 37

Anybody hear from this fellow? I got zip. Maybe my PMs don't work?

TW
Old 30-03-2015, 14:50   #5

No response yet. Maybe he is offshore

Sent from my XT1080 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Tags
autopilot, wheel