I have recently removed a CPT autopilot
from my boat
, and offer it here for sale
. Here are the deets:
1. I used it (with very little success) during a 2000 nm mad dash fr Fla to NS in August 2013.
2. Fully rebuilt at the CPT factory (9/2013), upgraded to new sensor/compass head
; replaced all controls, switches and gaskets, tuned and tested. Have the receipt if required.
3. Purchased (from CPT at the same time) a complete service
pack, including replacement solenoids/relays, spare belt, complete replacement clutch
4. Re-installed in spring, 2015. Used several times (this time with success!) on a 500 nm trip, summer 2015.
5. Removed from my boat
in favor of a larger, below-decks hydraulic unit, currently installing.
6. Came with the boat, PO built boat in 1990, sailed it a few times to BVI
from FLA, then laid boat up in N. FLA. very lightly used. CPT unit was stored below for 10 years as far as I can tell.
7. Has the remote
control switch AND the very rare wind-angle sensor
and input cable. I used this and it does indeed work
8. It is a used unit - it worked for me, but we weren't very comfortable with the belt/wheel ring, finger - grabber, Toe-stubber nature of the unit - so we are making the leap to another system. As a used system I cannot offer any warranty. Feel free to talk to Jeff at CPT about it though, he can vouch for the rebuild/Recon they did for me. But - make no mistake - this thing is USED. case is faded and scratched, bolts and nuts have been used, there is minor rust showing in a few places. I don't see any issues with the unit - but it is NOT new.
9. Comes with all mounting brackets, wheel
adapter, mounting bolts etc.
I'm in Nova Scotia
, would like to get $1000 Canadian for it (That's like, $50 US, right?). I think a new one starts at $1895 USD (that's like, almost a million dollars Canadian) without the extras, so it seems fair.
check out the pics. Then serious inquiries: bgarveyhfxATgmailDOTcom or a PM.