Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 16:58   #1

Thumbs up Cheap Boats Available But Not Suitable for My Situation

In the course of looking for "THE BOAT", I have found a lot of different CHEAP boats that just won't work for my financial and geographical situation and I'm passing that info on. If I had the tow vehicle and a boat trailer to pull any of theses and the money top transport any of them I'd be on the road already.
In Oriental NC there is FREE 24 " Columbia Contender. no trailer, It is "toast" according to the owner. A real basket case. I spoke with the gentleman that owns it It was neglected for 14 years then got hit by Isabel and has sat ever since. Crack in hull below water line, Wood needs to be replaced. He says the interior is in pretty decent shape considering. He has everything for it in storage. This one is a sweet deal if someone has the hard to fix it on it is definitely worth looking at. Pamlico Classified Ads on TownDock.net | Oriental NC News
scroll down to free boat.

yahoo group world cruising and low cost voyaging has one listed in Bayboro NC. he's asking 600 to pay the yard bill.
I hope this helps someone follow their dream and save these boats from the junk pile.

Barb