Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-07-2011, 22:54   #16

Hmmm...I'm thinking it either Bazzer or Shadow. Anyone else. I'll decide Monday. Happy cruising!
Old 01-08-2011, 00:48   #17

Boat: Vagabond 39 Hull # 1
Re: Charts for San Francisco to Acapulco

I have a story for you. Disabled wife & a disabled kid, we've been trying to do this for 12 years but we had to sell the last boat after our boy had to get a tracheostomy. Our health problems are under control now, we have another boat and we're a week away from launching her. We'll be sailing to Mexico this fall. Poverty, well, yes, but I don't like to whine.
You can read more of our story and see pictures of us and our boat on our website, it's address is my signature line. Look at the about page.
Thanks,
Steve
Old 01-08-2011, 18:11   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sww914
I have a story for you. Disabled wife & a disabled kid, we've been trying to do this for 12 years but we had to sell the last boat after our boy had to get a tracheostomy. Our health problems are under control now, we have another boat and we're a week away from launching her. We'll be sailing to Mexico this fall. Poverty, well, yes, but I don't like to whine.
You can read more of our story and see pictures of us and our boat on our website, it's address is my signature line. Look at the about page.
Thanks,
Steve
Steve - Okay. You got the charts. I'll Private Message you. However we didn't get your link.

Daddle
Old 01-08-2011, 18:22   #19
NTD

Boat: Nautor Swan 46 MK I
Re: Charts: San Francisco to Acapulco

Nice choice Daddle. Nice of you to pass your charts on. I would still like to get them. chicken scratches though!
Old 01-08-2011, 18:22   #20
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Daddle - Excellent choice of a recipient for your charts.

Click on the link at the bottom of sww914's post, then at the upper left of the Landfall Voyages page that opens, click on About. It is a compelling story.

I hope her (former, presumably) boss is covered with a lot of liability insurance and that she has retained a merciless lawyer.

TaoJones
Old 01-08-2011, 18:27   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTD View Post
Nice choice Daddle. Nice of you to pass your charts on. I would still like to get them. chicken scratches though!
There are some great guide books to sailing to Mexico from California, Im doing the Ha Ha this year come hell or high water. If you want some help from me when I return just let me know.
I have electronic charts, but I would not dream of the trip without paper charts and a good memory!
Bazzer
Old 01-08-2011, 18:31   #22

Tao - that link must not be on the iPhone app. I'll use the browser. Thanks

NTD - I don't make notes on my charts. Sometime an X and a time, that's all. So the chicken scratches are none.
Old 01-08-2011, 18:40   #23
NTD

Boat: Nautor Swan 46 MK I

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzer View Post
There are some great guide books to sailing to Mexico from California, Im doing the Ha Ha this year come hell or high water. If you want some help from me when I return just let me know.
I have electronic charts, but I would not dream of the trip without paper charts and a good memory!
Bazzer
Thanks Bazzer.
I sailed all over the puget sound and around parts of the world (in subs) but I don't know the bay or California coast at all. Excited to experience it but a little nervous about the pitfalls.
I have the electronics also but you can't beat paper for piece of mind.
Thanks
Old 01-08-2011, 18:46   #24

Hey, I am ex military myself, I have been on several UK navy ships as well as one sub. They called me "Mr Black" for some reason....I admire all submariner's, how the hell do you do it? My mentor for the west coast is Richard Dana, Two Years Before the Mast and all that. I am going to party on the Ha Ha, but take my(our) time back and look at the coast as Dana did it....Maybe with a picture or two.
Anyway, if there is anyway I can help just let me know.
Bazzer
Old 01-08-2011, 19:06   #25

Boat: Vagabond 39 Hull # 1

FYI, there's no big pile of gold at the end of this shitbow. The state's worker's compensation system completely protects the employer from lawsuits unless you can prove gross negligence. There were no witnesses and he says it was an accident. We can't prove anything. The worker's compensation insurance company has done everything possible to make life worse for us and the state almost always has backed them up. This whole system is broken and We've been fighting for our lives for too long and we are too tired to try to fix it. We've talked to so many lawyers. We are so sick of the whole thing and we're beaten. We have decided to go cruising without enough money and no real security rather than sit here feeling sorry for ourselves. I don't want to look back anymore, back is ugly but ahead, looking ahead, that looks really good. Really good.
Thanks Dave for the charts, it's one more piece of the puzzle. Like my wife said on our website, we're taking our lives back and you're helping.
Landfall Voyages
Old 01-08-2011, 19:11   #26

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter

Nice, Daddle. sww914, DO take back your lives and get out of the rigged system to a place of peace and happiness. See you in the Sea or beyond. Jon

Tags
charts