Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 07:24   #91

Boat: 42' Fountaine Pajot Venezia
Re: Catamaran: Cautionary Tale for Wannabe Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by impi View Post

Jane, if you are reading this, I am sure if I put this out on Facebook a South African family would jump at the opportunity to take your boat across the Pacific for you?
We wouldn't want to deliver the boat across the Pacific before we have a buyer, I don't think....

But yes, please, share JOY on facebook. Lots of interest from Down Under - although of course getting here to inspect the boat is a BIG commitment - not like the short trip from Miami.

Our facebook page, by the way, is morejoy4all
(connecting bloggers to readers and readers to topics in the cruising/liveaboard communities)
Old 05-08-2013, 09:09   #92

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Definitely list on; Sailboat Listings - sailboats for sale
I've had a lot of traffic originate there.
Old 05-08-2013, 16:55   #93

Boat: saga kan walker 31ft
Send a message via Skype™ to sctpc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane.Joy View Post

We wouldn't want to deliver the boat across the Pacific before we have a buyer, I don't think....

But yes, please, share JOY on facebook. Lots of interest from Down Under - although of course getting here to inspect the boat is a BIG commitment - not like the short trip from Miami.

Our facebook page, by the way, is morejoy4all
Joy should have been put up in January as the AU has droped and still is we lose 10c in your $ now and getting bigger.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:53   #94

Boat: Lagoon 440 Pathfinder
Try yachthub as its a popular site in Aus
Old 07-08-2013, 06:44   #95
Armchair Bucketeer

This thread popping back up gave me a thought.........

Instead of dropping the price by $35k, what about spending some of that money instead on..........crew!, for say 6 or even 12 months!

A crew member who knows his (or her) way around boat mechanicals and electricals with a set of spanners etc. And who could also be a useful teacher on the fixing and perhaps also some ideas on designing (or maintaining!) out problems, or at least making them easier to fix.....

......obviously having someone onboard 24/7 would involve certain compromises, but likely for longer passages would want some crew anyway and when in port / at anchor simply plan the itinerary around staying at least in an area for an extended period so the Crew can (or will be required to!!) wander off ashore to explore (and live) for a few weeks (or so?!) at a time (sometimes crew will be in range to return for quick fixes, other times not - but likely stuff can happily wait at least a few weeks when you know a low aggro fix will be coming. Plus of course sometimes all you need is a bit of guidance on the phone).

Will likely take some effort (and maybe some luck) to find a good fit in skills and personality (and also with a foreign lingo? ) as well as in locating someone wanting a working holiday whilst travelling - but might be worth a go to carry on with the (former) dream, or at least to get the boat somewhere better for sale.....and then get yer money back for the crew!, plus a bit more?!

Anyway, just an idea.
Old 07-08-2013, 16:59   #96

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
For finding OZ brokers / listing websites it might be worth a new thread in the CF multihull sub-forum (I have it on ignore, so no idea how busy it is nowadays - or whether OP has already!).
That is just plain wrong.
Old 11-08-2013, 17:47   #97

Location: Working on the new boat getting ready for first shake down cruise. Currently on the east coast of the US.
Boat: Peterson 44.

We have been watching this thread for some time and are sitting with fingers crossed! We live in NZ currently but normally reside in Australia so we know all the websites to go too but honestly this site weeds out the wannabes. Genuine people on here and yes Australia and NZ both get this site! We have fingers crossed because we are selling a house currently and the minute it is sold we will be in touch but until that day we can't move on this. Its location isn't a problem for us cos we have planes that come all the way down here and can even fly all the way up there!
Old 11-08-2013, 18:14   #98
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

I really got bashed when I said 210k was to high. Will be interested to hear what the final price is. Put me on the list of those available to deliver anywhere should the need arise.
Old 11-08-2013, 18:31   #99
o_q

What is this nonsense? I thought cruising was 100% about sipping martinis and listening to Kokomo by the beach boys.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:38   #100

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy30 View Post
I really got bashed when I said 210k was to high. Will be interested to hear what the final price is. Put me on the list of those available to deliver anywhere should the need arise.
Yea, I got a bunch of private bashing PMs when I said the marketing approach and price were not going to sell it quickly. Looks like at least the price is moving in the right directions after a couple of months. Someone ought to be able to get a decent deal on this cat if they can come up with cash and are willing to get all the systems up to a reliable level to take off.
Old 16-08-2013, 17:59   #101

Boat: Reinke S10 & Raven 26
Send a message via Skype™ to grantmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_q View Post
What is this nonsense? I thought cruising was 100% about sipping martinis and listening to Kokomo by the beach boys.
I thought you had to be a Jimmie Buffett fan.
Old 18-08-2013, 03:27   #102

Hi Jane,
If your boat is on the Pacific side of the canal, you may want to consider delivery to California, if it comes to that. I have been browsing/researching cats for a while (not financially ready yet, but shopping none the less) and have found a real scarcity of quality cats on the west coast compared to the east coast. I had to go to Annapolis to even see a Gemini Legacy. Coincidentally, a cat broker here in San Diego I had visited had traveled with his client that same day to see that same boat. Since you might be moving to California anyway… my two cents. Best of luck to you and Ean. The two happiest days in a boaters life... and all that.
Old 18-08-2013, 04:45   #103
Marine Service Provider

The same vessel as this one in terms of model and year of manufacturer just sold for somewhere between $220-225k in Australia. It was at the Gold Coast and had recently arrived from OS. The owners sold and headed home to the northern hemisphere.
Old 01-09-2013, 19:17   #104

Boat: Islander Freeport 41' Ketch

Hello Jane! I am in Panama City now and would like to see your boat. I will PM you, but it seems a long time since you last posted here, so I fear the boat either sold or you moved it.

Anyway, I await your response.

Thank you,
Ty
“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your ****, then you deserve it.” ― Frank Zappa
Old 02-09-2013, 14:41   #105

Boat: 42' Fountaine Pajot Venezia

Hey Ty - the boat is under contract now, but still many steps to go before the sale is done, so I will be in touch if the deal falls through.

For those who have been following our adventures and misadventures - no further info to share at this particular moment in time, but after we are JOY-less, I will come back and update the thread with the gory details....
(connecting bloggers to readers and readers to topics in the cruising/liveaboard communities)

Tags
catamaran