Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2015, 15:51   #1
Marine Service Provider

Bahamas Explorer chart books for sale

We tried very hard, but the wind and other conditions prevented us crossing to the Bahamas this year.
I will sell all three Explorer chart books, current editions for $100 plus shipping. Never used in pristine condition.
Old 15-03-2015, 06:50   #2

Location: Working on the new boat getting ready for first shake down cruise. Currently on the east coast of the US.
Boat: Peterson 44.
Re: Bahamas Explorer chart books for sale

PM sent.
Old 15-03-2015, 10:32   #3

Boat: Leopard 46

Please let me know if Willow does not purchase the chart books @ kmarits@eastlink.ca
Thanks.
Old 24-03-2015, 11:03   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Tartan 33 and OPB
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
We tried very hard, but the wind and other conditions prevented us crossing to the Bahamas this year.
I will sell all three Explorer chart books, current editions for $100 plus shipping. Never used in pristine condition.

Did they sell??

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ismael -a link to my delivery website is in my profileó
Old 25-03-2015, 05:01   #5

Location: Working on the new boat getting ready for first shake down cruise. Currently on the east coast of the US.

The OP is away and should be back today. We are just waiting to hear from him so we can go and pick them up - so yes we are still buying them it just hasn't happened yet.
Old 27-03-2015, 04:19   #6
Marine Service Provider

When I advertised these chart books I think I was on the rebound, after our disappointing attempt to cross to the Bahamas.
I have now decided to keep them, and maybe go over about December time.
I sincerely apologize to those people who replied. I hope you find them elsewhere.
Old 27-03-2015, 14:20   #7

We still consider these charts as sold to us.

We made an offer on the 16th March and it was accepted at the price he advertised.
THEN we were told that the seller had had better offers (but) we were still the first responders so we could still have them.
THEN we were asked to wait for them until his return on the 24th to 25th- which we agreed to.
THEN we heard nothing and had to seek a response despite borrowing a car and sitting waiting for two days to come and pick them up.

THEN we were told that he was possibly going to return them to Westmarine for a full refund (maybe) - but would let us know when he decided.
THEN we hear nothing directly to us as the buyers but this post above appears?

'Sorry to everyone who replied for the inconvenience'? WE were the buyers, we had an agreement, we abided by all conditions and yet we get three different excuses but no apology? Not very honourable methinks. May I suggest that if you have second and third thoughts about something - don't put it on the market.

Maybe the rules of this site need looking at? I was under the misapprehension that a gentlemens agreement (despite me being a woman) was binding but apparently it isn't. Oh and yes IT IS an inconvenience as we are now scrambling to find some charts as we don't have a car after Tuesday. Thank you.
Old 27-03-2015, 16:15   #8
Marine Service Provider

I wonít make apologies for being absent from Florida longer than expected.

I told S/V Willow I would let them know when I got back, so itís hardly my responsibility they borrowed a car to come and pick them up before hearing from me.
GreyGhost has two explorer chart books for $40.00 at:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...as-142096.html
Old 27-03-2015, 17:35   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
I wonít make apologies for being absent from Florida longer than expected.

I told S/V Willow I would let them know when I got back, so itís hardly my responsibility they borrowed a car to come and pick them up before hearing from me.
GreyGhost has two explorer chart books for $40.00 at:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...as-142096.html
How about a phone call? YOU gave us the dates you would be back. YOU named the price. YOU told us three different stories. We abided by everything and yet you didn't ring us to tell us? We had to find out by searching on here?

I would not have been miffed if you had said right at the start that you might change your mind. We had a contract and now you recuse yourself from any responsibility? You inconvenienced us (and that's not a huge deal really)- not the other way round and we never demanded your return - we happily agreed to wait "at your convenience" was our exact quote. Just saying that if a contract is offered and accepted then giving three different stories before rudely ignoring people then you change your mind - again is really disgraceful but if you had been polite and talked to us then no bad feelings.

I thought the very least you could have done was contact us - the buyers? An apology would have been accepted but I don't want people to think that we did anything wrong here but you just tried to make us look bad for being miffed about a broken contract? A polite call would have avoided all bad feelings - shame you didn't do that.
Old 27-03-2015, 17:37   #10

This is the end of this thread.
Old 28-03-2015, 13:41   #11

I will preface this with: I am new here but not new to forums.

Looking from the outside in - all the blame and fault would be on Jolly Roger. He/she made a deal and broke that deal, that's not how life works. When I make a deal I follow through, even if I lose money! Case in point; I sold something online and USPS destroyed the box and the product, I did not insure it and when it arrived at the customer broken I paid for return shipping and refunded his money - THAT is how it's supposed to be done.

How about Jolly Roger sells these charts to S/V Willow and then buys the charts in the link he/she provided?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Willow View Post
How about a phone call? YOU gave us the dates you would be back. YOU named the price. YOU told us three different stories. We abided by everything and yet you didn't ring us to tell us? We had to find out by searching on here?

I would not have been miffed if you had said right at the start that you might change your mind. We had a contract and now you recuse yourself from any responsibility? You inconvenienced us (and that's not a huge deal really)- not the other way round and we never demanded your return - we happily agreed to wait "at your convenience" was our exact quote. Just saying that if a contract is offered and accepted then giving three different stories before rudely ignoring people then you change your mind - again is really disgraceful but if you had been polite and talked to us then no bad feelings.

I thought the very least you could have done was contact us - the buyers? An apology would have been accepted but I don't want people to think that we did anything wrong here but you just tried to make us look bad for being miffed about a broken contract? A polite call would have avoided all bad feelings - shame you didn't do that.
Old 28-03-2015, 15:52   #12
Marine Service Provider

You have a fair point, but I accidentally deleted your first message with your phone number.
I did have other buyers because the price was right. One offered more than my asking price, but I declined in your favor, and only made the decision to keep them after we returned from vacation—even though West Marine will take them back at my original buying price, which was a lot more than $100 for the three.
I guess I didn’t realize your urgency, and for that I’m sorry.

Tags
Bahamas, books, for sale, sale