Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-12-2014, 14:45   #1

Boat: Looking for the right boat
Albin Vega, Contessa 26 or Alberg 30

Looking for a turn key boat that is clean and can be sailed right away. Willing to pick it up if its in sailable condition or on a road worthy trailer. Anything close to south florida or caribbean a plus.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:54   #2

Boat: Catalina C-27-Venture of Newport 23'
Re: Albin Vega, Contessa 26 or Alberg 30

I have a 1980 Catalina 27 on a tri axle trailer with Atomic 4. I used it in Elephant Butte Reservonir and hauled last December 31st. Have video of running and pumping water. Winterized since. Good condition, shows some age, paint, cushions useable . I cover with sheets. Dinette version. New ball valves. Needs bottom done, we're fresh water so paint is old. New Indigo prop. Wheel, auto pilot 3000, powered up but haven't used. Harken furler...Email me for pics. I'm Rex. Located Truth or Consequences NM. Rexsea3@gmail.com. Standard rig with 4'10" draft. Sails great. Good luck. Thought this might interest you. Asking only 12900.00 Oversized trailer.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 01-01-2015, 17:53   #3

There was a primo Alberg 30 on here last year in the Pacific Northwest. Turnkey and very well outfitted. Not sure if he ever sold it but might be worth checking. Also a contessa that's listed here that's in the South Pacific I think.

In maryland there are Albergs up the wazoo. But a lot are in need of some work. B

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 04-01-2015, 20:36   #4

Boat: Looking for the right boat
Re: Albin Vega, Contessa 26 or Alberg 30 and Albin Ballad

Maybe I should begin a new thread with this question .......if any of you who know both boats well had to choose between an Albin Vega and an Albin Ballad, both in "good" condition and at the same price ...which one would you go for?

The boat will be used for blue water cruising and to sail around in the caribbean.

Which one is easier to renovate, easier to replace the chainplates, etc ? Is the deck core in both boats foam?

Thanks for your input.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:34   #5

I'd seriously ponder a slightly larger boat. I bought a Triton and it's been great to have, but it's very small inside. I think the other boats you are mentioning are similar. It's definitely been done many times and can be done, but now I'm aching for a slightly larger boat, but I've sunk a lot of money into what I have and will have it for quite a while longer.

Boats are pretty cheap these days and the hit you will take on shooting for something 32' or so will not be that significant relative to wanting to move up in size a little bit. An Alberg 35' for instance gives significantly more room and they are pretty available.

Just a thought.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trautfel View Post
Looking for a turn key boat that is clean and can be sailed right away. Willing to pick it up if its in sailable condition or on a road worthy trailer. Anything close to south florida or caribbean a plus.
Skip the name brands and look for the turn key boat in the best condition.

Tags
alberg, alberg 30, Albin Vega