Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015, 10:17   #1

Boat: 1969 Tartan 34C
7 sails (Cal 2-27)

I have seven sails and that were stored in reserve for a previous boat, a Cal 2-27, I owned but sold a few years ago. Right before I acquired the boat, it had been upgraded with a new main and roller furling headsails. These sails came with the boat, and for some reason did not match the sail number for the boat. Using the boat as a weekend cruiser, I stored them in my home, and never used them.

All seven sails are visually in good condition,though again, I have no experience sailing with them to know how they perform. I will price them accordingly, and would like to see someone get use out of them. One spinnaker needs a few minor holes repaired that are no longer than a few inches in length. One Dacron jib needs a small grommet replaced for a tension line. The main needs new battens. All three spinnakers have either a combination of professionally sewn patches or repair tape, but look fully functional. I would like $700 plus shipping for all seven sails. Also, I would like to sell all seven together, but if I don't get a buyer, I will consider selling them individually. The sails are located in Northern Virginia and local pick-up is encouraged. Given a firm commitment to buy them, I would be glad to deliver them to the Annapolis or the DC area.

Sails include (all measurements are approximate- rounded off to the nearest 1/2 foot):

Symmetrical spinnaker
33.5' x 33.5' x 20'

Symmetrical spinnaker
33' x 33' x 19.5'

Symmetrical spinnaker (.75 oz)
34' x 34' x 21'
This sail needs 3 patches/tape for minor tears no larger than 2" x 2"

Hank-on Mylar Jib
Luff 33.5' x leach 31' x foot 16.5'
There is a small window sewn in the luff

Hank-on Mylar Jib
Luff 34.5' x leach 33.5' x foot 19.5'

Hank-on Dacron Jib
Luff 31' x Leech 31' x ?
This sail is missing a small grommet where the leech line (tensioner) exits the sail

Main with bronze slides
Luff 29.5' x leach 31.5' x foot 9.5'
2 reefing points
4 batten pockets (no battens included)

Thank you,

Joe Henson

Tags
cal, sail, sails