Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-11-2015, 13:19   #1

Boat: Oceanis 42CC
42 to 46 foot centre cockpit wanted

Budget £80,000. Looking for something loved properly and not ancient. 15 years maximum.

We are looking to retire and sail the world. One degree qualified engineer and one professional cook.

Up for all sorts of arrangements possibly providing a skippered service for owners who wanting to keep sailing a number of weeks a year but struggling to manage their boat. We could look after you for a period of weeks for a period of years for a pre agreed price which would reflect in the purchase price.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 29-11-2015, 15:01   #2

Boat: Kadey Krogen 44
Re: 42 to 46 foot centre cockpit wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirty34 View Post
Budget £80,000. Looking for something loved properly and not ancient. 15 years maximum.

We are looking to retire and sail the world. One degree qualified engineer and one professional cook.

Up for all sorts of arrangements possibly providing a skippered service for owners who wanting to keep sailing a number of weeks a year but struggling to manage their boat. We could look after you for a period of weeks for a period of years for a pre agreed price which would reflect in the purchase price.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Hi,
This is a long shot but maybe will find some interest:
I have an Al Mason designer 48' center cockpit cutter ketch that I spent a mess of money on prepping it to go around. Didn't quite make it but that's not the boats fault Anyway, it is not turn key but with a little effort would certainly take you anywhere you want to go. For the last three years it has been sitting in fresh water or out of the water. I've recently been getting it ready to put on the market.
It has: Standing rigging that was replaced in 2010 using stayloc fittings and the best wire I could find. All that has been in fresh water so I don't think there's been much if any deterioration. The main and mizzen were new in 2008 and have hardly seen daylight. The Genny will probably need replacing (it's a bit baggy) but the staysail is good . Forward sails are roller furled using the ProFurl. Six of the eight wenches are self tailing. Only the two staysail wenches are not.
The boat is full keel,centerboard draws about 5' board up so the Bahamas are very do able. Spent some time there and never went aground. I've done the Caribbean 1500 in her once and done it solo five times,up and back. She sails well. For a 36,000 lb boat shes no slow polk. She has a good turn of speed. Saw 9.5kts for 24 hours once under sail alone in 35 kts of wind.
She has a hard dodger, and a honey comb internally constructed hard bimini that you can walk on and for which I had a set of athwartship brackets made to hold a couple of large solar panels (which I have in the box and which go with the boat).
There's a lot of other attributes to the boat (new 6 kw Northern Lights genny in sound shield w/3 hours). Nice running 4.236 Perkins that I just had the valve stems replaced. (it would smoke when first started. That's gone. Compression is near new.)
Less money than your talking about. Give me a call. Ray 442 614 6020
Old 29-11-2015, 16:11   #3

Boat: Oceanis 42CC

Thank you so much for the reply. I have just had a quick wander through the webbernet and they look like beautiful boats. I especially love the cover from the weather on some of them. Having been in a few squalls without one I know the value a hard dodger!

Sadly the boss will say no. Originally she said five years max and it has taken several months to get here to 15 and I know when I have reached the limit on what I can get away with.

Very best of luck with finishing her and either taking off yourself or moving her into her next loving home.

Andy
Old 29-11-2015, 16:19   #4

Boat: Contest, 36S

Best bet would be those benneteau Oceanis CC I think that's all about you be able to afford considering age limit and your budget

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
cockpit, wanted