for couple or single
. Underwent complete rebuild
in 2013/2014 and just returned from the Bahamas
. The entire rebuild
is document on our blog Sailing Chance | Sailing Chance
Pilot, VHF+AIS, Stereo, Running Rigging
, Standing Rigging
, Pumps, Hoses, ALL NEW WIRING
, Solar Panels
, and tons of extras. Low cost boat
with minimal if any additional investment needed.
$13,500 obo Need to sell quick.
See Pictures and complete details below. She is also for sale
... for more pictures and info...
Let me know if you have any questions!
is a head-turning 34ft cruising sailboat that was completely rebuilt and refit
from 2012 to 2014. (See below for complete list and details). Practically EVERYTHING ON THE BOAT
IS BRAND NEW! Her rebuild/refit was documented on our sailing & cruising blog: www.sailingchance.com
Feel free to see other photos, information and our step by step rebuild story. Chance is currently insured for $20k by Offshore
Risk Management. Insurance
was renewed last week. Chance is completely energy self-sufficient and spent nearly 1 year without plugging into shore power!
This boat is in the water
in North Carolina
and pretty much ready to go. Her slip fee is $150/mo. She was designed to meet the needs of her owners while cruising in the Bahamas
. There are a few projects that we never completed and I've listed them below but she is in sailing condition now. Chance was last hauled in July of 2014 and was given a complete bottom job. THE ENTIRE HULL
IS BARRIER COATED with 6+ coats of Interlux
E-2000, then Awl Grip Epoxy Sanding
primer. Topsides and deck
were painted with Interlux
Perfection. We invested A BOAT LOAD in her and we're sad to see her go, but we're buying
a bigger boat. Dinghy
5hp 2 stroke outboard
are included with full purchase price
(outboard was just rebuilt and runs great). KISS windgen and Pink lines are not included (sorry
Jason - (Seven-One-Eight) - 913 - 7786
(Chart Plotter, Auto Pilot, Radar
, etc. ALL NEW
INTERIOR / LAYOUT
- NEW INTERIOR CUSHIONS (4" Cabin, 6" V-Berth)
- NEW SPECIAL ORDER GENUINE SUNBRELLA CUSHION COVERS in Salon (still have fabric for V-berth)
- Hyper-vent under all cushions!
- 8 Opening Aluminum port lights, all removed, serviced and reinstalled in 2013. Lots of light!!!
- 2 Opening hatches (1 bowmar recent replacement)
- Port Side Settee Pulls out into FULL SIZE BED (like a futon)
- New + refurbished Teak and Holly Cabin Sole
- Huge Bilge for Storage and FULL ACCESS to the interior of the hull for inspection
- Maple Panels throughout interior
- V-berth is larger than most on larger boats.
- Full Closet opposite head, Currently has shelves, can be converted to hanging
- 12v outlets throughout
- Ipad/tablet swing arm mount (we used as our TV)
- LED Lights throughout.
SAILS & RIGGING
- Custom Dodger with zip-up venting center panel
- Custom hardtop for solar panels (was also originally designed to catch rain water)
- Stainless swim ladder
- STAINLESS HARD RAILS THROUGHOUT (instead of cable safety lines)
- Wheel Steering with new Edson binnacle guard and Danforth compass.
- Custom Teak Duckboards on cockpit sole
- Teak locker hatches
- Deep sail locker on starboard side
- Shallow accessory locker on port
- Aft deep locker under helm
- Starboard Fish Table
- Stainless Force 10 Grill
- 6 Winches, floating winch handles
- New 2013 - Profurl Furler (AWESOME)
- New Shaeffer Mainsheet Traveller (on custom mount!)
- NEW GARHAUER E-Z Glide Adjustable Genoa Car System ($700 new!!) Garhaurer Adjustable Traveller System Click Here
- New Harken Jib Tracks
- 2 Harken Self Tailing Halyard Winches (NEW)
- 2 Stainless non-st Barient Jib winches
- 2 Stainless non-st Barient Spinnaker winches
- New Stainless Chainplates (2013)
- New Forestay and lower stays
- New Chrome/Bronze Turnbuckles on all standing rigging
- 1 - 100% Jib, good+ condition, new sun cover
- 1 - 120% Jib, good+ condition, new sun cover
- 1 - 140% Jib, good+ condition, needs sun cover
- 1 - Gale Sale storm jib!!!
- 1 - Sym. Spinnaker (Blue) in very good condition
- 1 - Main Sail, needs repair at foot, currently set to first reef point (has sail cover)
- ALL RUNNING RIGGING NEW 2013 (pink main and jib sheets are not included but are replaced with other new lines)
- Internal Halyards
POWER & ENERGY & ELECTRICAL
- 280W Solar Panels (2x140W)
- (4x) 6V Batteries House bank @ 450 Amp hours! (New 2014)
- 12V Starter Battery (2013)
- New Custom electrical panel
- LCD Display Battery Voltage Monitors
- ALL NEW WIRING - Tinned Copper wiring and connections throughout
- Xantrex TruCharge Battery Charger
- 2 Caframo Fans
- 2 Hella Fans
- LED Lights with remote dimmer
- 2-way LED lights in Galley and Head
- LED Masthead and Fog Lights (NEW Aqua Signal)
- NEW Mast Wiring!
- LED Aqua-signal Tri-Color Anchor and Navigation Light - LED Photo-sensitive Bulbs! (Anchor light turns on automatically at sunset) NEW 2013
- Universal Atomic 4 Engine in good running condition
- New Starter
- New Alternator (60amp)
- New Carbeurator
- New Electric Fuel Pump and fuel lines
- New Exhaust Elbow
- New Water Lift Muffler
- New Coil, plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, points, condenser
- Lots of extra/spare parts : Extra Carb, starter, alternator, ignition, coil, etc.
- 40 Gal. Monel Tank!!
GALLEY / HEAD
- IDEAL WINDLASS V1 (Legendary bronze windlass) Needs reinstall. Runs perfectly.
- New Stainless Anchor / Bow Rollers (x2)
- 22lbs. Delta Anchor
- 35lbs. Bruce Anchor
- 15lb. Danforth (for kedge)
- 30ft. 3/8" G4 Chain + 175ft. 5/8" Rode
- 150 1/2" Rode (extra) (X2)
- Water: 35gal (Stainless Tank)
- Fuel: 40gal (Monel)
- Holding: 20gal (plastic)
WHAT CHANCE NEEDS (Projects)
- 5 Gal Water Jerry Jug (x4)
- 5 Gal Gas Jerry (x2)
- Water pump(s)
- Block & Tackle, Boom Vang
- Electrical Wire (spools)
- Stainless hardware
- Electrical fittings and hardware
- Head liner installed (in salon and galley only)
- a few pieces of trim put back
- engine paint (Starting to flake a bit)
- Electrical wiring could use some straightening up behind the main panel.
- A few switches need to be replaced
- Blower needs to be swapped (Have new one)
- Centerboard is currently pinned up and not in use. She sails perfectly well without it. We have a tube running up the bulkhead for line access. If you want to make the CB operable again, it will have to be done when the boat is hauled. I'd recommend a different method of operation as well.
- Main needs repair
- Brightwork and some interior woodwork could use some cleaning up, varnishing.
- We never finished the interior paneling and trim as a whole, so while some things look great, a few others (more hidden) things are/look unfinished
- Deck hatches need their compression/extension arms installed (we have)
- V-berth cushion covers are new in 2012 with blue Sunbrella. We redid cushion in salon with new material. Never redid the v-berth. We still have the fabric.
- Cockpit cushions need to be recovered or replaced, they're on their last legs.
- The ST60's are installed and "there" but they are not in use. I never installed a masthead wind or replaced the speed transducer. This can be done at haulout.
- Some of the painters tape was never removed on the saloon roof and on the topsides. Both deck and topsides could use some touch-up paint.
In General, Chance is ready to move aboard. She does need some basic cleaning
, servicing etc. and could use some TLC (see the list above). That said, we were living aboard Chance quite happily and comfortably until September 2014
- we now have an apartment in NYC
Feel free to call me with any questions. She is being sold
AS IS, WHERE IS. Cheers!
Jason - (Seven-One-Eight) - 913 - 778six