Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2013, 14:24   #1

1984 Hans Christian 33

Bruadair is an outstanding example of a Hans Christian 33. We have owned her for 11 years and have been cruising on her for the past nine years in the Western Carribean. We are currently in Bocas del Toro Panama where one can sail year round. In the two and a half years she has had a full electronics refit with Simrad electronics, new Rolls batteries, new and more efficient charging system, new sails, her hull re-gelcoated and so much more. She is in very good condition. Though we have been cruising full time her maintenance was never neglected and we always used the best of the best. She is equipped with 500 watts of solar and a wind generator on with a sunny day and an average trade wind we can go weeks upon weeks without running the engine or generator to charge the batteries, this is even with using a laptop and water maker.

Don't be fooled in thinking that this is a 33' boat. Hans Christian used length on deck for their model numbers, the length overall is actually 41'. But because our Coast Guard documentation states that we are 33' that is what we pay for at almost every marina and haul out facility. You will not find a more spacious boat for her size, everyone that has ever been aboard an HC33 is always stunned at the space down below!!

For more information about Bruadair please visit http://www.hanschristianforsale.blogspot.com. There you will find a full description, spec sheet and photos.

and to learn more about our cruise we have the following sites;

http://www.bruadair.us (logs from 2003 to 2007)
http://www.sv-bruadair.blogspot.com (logs from 2007 to 2013)
http://www.bruadairs-equipment.blogspot.com (equipment review and projects blog)

She has always surveyed exceptionally well, has solid fiberglass hull, deck and cabin top (no coring at all), and includes everything such as an abundance of spares, tools, pots pans and even a bottle of rum!

Bocas del Toro is located on the Caribbean side of Panama just a few hours from the border to Costa Rica. There is a great article about sailing in the Bocas area in the May 2013 edition of Sail. The location couldn't be more perfect with numerous bays and inlets to explore nearby, the San Blas Islands an overnight sail or two away, the Colombian islands of Providencia and San Andreas an overnight sail to the north. A one year cruising permit for Bruadair here in Panama is only $89 per year plus and administration fee of $16 for a total of $105 per year.

She is being offered at $119,900 or best offer. You will be hard pressed to find another Hans Christian 33 in this condition, you will not find another as well equipped. We can be contacted at thecrew a t bruadair dot us, through the contact page http://hanschristianforsale.blogspot...ontact-us.html, or if you prefer to call the country code is 507 then 67140032.

Thank you for looking!!

New sails

All new Simrad Electronics 2010

Layout

Anchor Locker

Hanging Locker

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vWuBo4tSZd...0/IMGP0709.JPG

Anchored in the San Blas Islands
Old 21-06-2013, 16:52   #2

Boat: Westsail 32 and Herreshoff 28
Re: 1984 Hans Christian 33

Absolutely awesome.
Old 21-06-2013, 20:50   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheroad View Post
Absolutely awesome.

Thank you!
Old 23-06-2013, 14:23   #4

Boat: 1981 Nor'sea 27

Beautiful boat.
Old 24-06-2013, 18:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody-NS27 View Post
Beautiful boat.

Thank you !
Old 24-06-2013, 19:03   #6
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

She makes my mouth water -- if only I had won the damn lottery!

And I was only 6 digits off, too ...
Old 06-07-2013, 20:16   #7

More Photos;

Aft cabin with double berth, locker, shelf, book racks and solid teak bi-fold door

Spacious head with separate shower and easy access to the chain locker

Large chain locker, 300' 5/16" HT chain plus 200' rode on primary, 50' chain and 300' rode on secondary
Old 12-07-2013, 09:55   #8

Additional Photos;

Old 12-07-2013, 11:32   #9

Boat: Albin Vega 27

That is one beautiful boat. A stunning example and I love the pic with the little 4 palm tree island. Thats what sailings about to me...
Old 12-07-2013, 11:48   #10

Reputed to be one of the better sailing HC designs out there. Nice boat. However, I never found a marina that didnt charge for overall length including the bowsprit and pushpit!.... unless I lied about overall length....
I like the forward head layout alot, but hated the pullman berth in my 38. The woodwork in these is rivaled by none.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:18   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheechako View Post
Reputed to be one of the better sailing HC designs out there. Nice boat. However, I never found a marina that didnt charge for overall length including the bowsprit and pushpit!.... unless I lied about overall length....

Our USCG documentation certificate has our boat listed as 32.7' in length, which is actually length on deck. Her true measured length over all is 41'. We have had the opposite experience as you as it has been a very rare occasion that someone charged us for actual length overall. Bocas Yacht Club and just about every other place we've been including the haul out yard in Cartagena has only charged us based on what our certificate states (32.7'). I only remember two places in the past 11 years that charged us for 41', one was a marina in Gulf Port Mississippi and the other was Marina Carenero in Bocas del Toro (they have since gone to using only the length provided on one's documentation or registration).
Old 04-09-2013, 22:08   #12

SOLD!

Tags
paracelle