Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2015, 17:02   #1

Boat: CSY 33 Cutter
1982 Pacific Seacraft Flicka 20-$8500.00

For your consideration, a legendary 1982 Pacific Seacraft Flicka 20. These exceptional boats are true bluewater cruisers, with sturdy simple rigs, heavy displacement and long full keels. There are a number of Flickas that have crossed oceans and circumnavigated the world.
RIGHT JACK is located in Eastern Connecticut, and is currently in dry storage at a local marina. She is USCG documented, with current paperwork. I sailed her extensively on Long Island Sound for the 6 years I have owned her. She is sturdy, capable, and ready to sail today, with no work required to make her seaworthy. No trailer is included.
Hull: Perfect original condition, never grounded or collided. Minor scrapes and dings as expected for a 30-year-old boat. Through-hulls are few in number: 2 cockpit drains, the sink drain, and the sensors for speed and depth. The hull presents ok when washed and waxed, but would really benefit from a paint job. The price is low to reflect this. The boat has a full professionally made winter canvas cover with frame.
Deck: Professionally-installed teak deck over the factory glass deck. I was told this was factory-installed, but I have never seen another Flicka with teak decking, so I am not sure. The boards are in fine shape, but the deck should be improved with new caulk. There are no leaks or water infiltration, but it's time. The price is low to reflect this. The boat was originally ordered without a cockpit (flush deck), since the owner planned to stay dockside and wanted the interior room. The second owner installed a cockpit (I am the third owner). The installation was done well. It is deep and roomy, but it does not resemble the factory cockpit.
Rig: Standard simple, sturdy Flicka rig with forestay, 6 sidestays, and split backstay for strength and reliability. The forestay and backstay are new, the sidestays are original. The headsail is hank-on (no roller). The boat comes with a brand-new (1 season) full batten mainsail, a brand-new asymmetric gennaker (never used), the original tanbark main, jib and storm sails, and a spare jib (used). The original sails are in overall good condition. A newer mainsail cover and a jib bag are included.
Engine: This model is outboard-powered by a 9.9hp Tohatsu XLS with electric start and 6-amp charging capability. The engine is 5 years old, in perfect running condition with less than 100 hours. The interior is open, with a porta-potti head (not the enclosed head of later models).
Electrical: Single Group 27 deep-cycle battery, with plenty of room and a battery switch for another. New LED running lights and new stern light.
Instruments: An older Raymarine chartplotter/GPS is included, as well as brand new ST40 Depth, speed and electronic compass instruments. Only the depth instrument is completely installed and working. Other instruments are installed, but not completely connected. A West Marine VHF radio is installed and working.
Interior: V-berth forward, settee to starboard, galley to port. Port area aft of settee and starboard area aft of galley are mostly unfinished. The basic shapes of the quarter berths are in place, but have not been finished. Interior cushions are newer (2010). Bronze ports were rebuilt with new glass and seals in 2014. Brass clock and barometer.
Galley: Two-burner kerosene stove, large icebox, and deep sink with freshwater and raw water pumps. Factory cabinetry.
Extra Equipment Included: Autohelm Tiller Pilot, head, holding tank, 17-gal fuel tank, Fortress aluminum anchor, 10kg plow anchor, anchor roller, Blue Sea battery box, DC panel, lifejackets, handheld VHF, and much more.
Bottom Line: If you are looking for a pristine Flicka, this is not the one. She requires basic work that is within the ability of an average handyman. But if you want a solid Flicka at a Catalina price, that includes a pile of gear for future upgrades, then this is the one. It is priced to sell, and represents a great value as-is. With some cosmetic work, it would be a stunning bargain, and the prettiest boat in the marina.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0844.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	109333   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0853.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	109334  

Name:	IMG_0852.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	109335   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0858.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	109336  

Name:	DSC00275.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	109337   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00276.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	414.3 KB
ID:	109338  

Old 30-09-2015, 14:51   #2

Re: 1982 Pacific Seacraft Flicka 20-$8500.00

I just got off the phone discussing this boat with the owner/seller. He's very straightforward and honest about the boat and it's needs/condition. If the pending sale dose'nt go through this coming weekend I'm headed to CT to get it myself! Just the right size for a fixer upper in my bracket. It's even located in my old sailing area! Gene
Old 04-10-2015, 06:55   #3

Boat: CSY 33 Cutter
Re: 1982 Pacific Seacraft Flicka 20-$8500.00

Boat is sold. Gene, thanks for the kudos! If you're ever up this way, get a hold of me.

Tags
pacific seacraft