Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-02-2016, 15:02   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cape Dory 28
1977 Cape Dory 28 currently in Norfolk

We are putting up for sale our CD 28. We are the fourth owners of "Ahava". There are hundreds of details that I will be happy to discuss with serious potential buyers but here are the basics:

In CD fashion the hull is heavily laid fiber glass and is in great condition. Topsides were properly prepped and painted last spring with EZpoxy. Decks and cabin trunks were also repainted. a section of deck was replaced and recored to deal with some rot. This has been properly repaired.

Cockpit coming and bright work was refinished last winter. Standing and running rigging have been replaced as needed with a new lower shroud and a new main halyard. Sails are in very good condition. they are likely from the early 90's, but have been well taken care of and are of a heavier Dacron than needed. They were just looked over by a great local sailmaker in Camden Maine and he said they were in great condition and show limited signs of wear. Harken RF 130 genny with suncover.

LED nav lights brand new vhf, ray marine gps(Color with charts, but not new)/plotter with older garmin back up and a ray marine pathfinder radar.

Cabin has v berth forward with fill in to make it a double berth port side settee pulls out to a double and the starboard is a single to sleep 5. 20gal fresh water 12gal of diesel foot pump to galley and head sink. All bronze spartan thru hulls clean and serviceable. 2 burner alcohol stove. Icebox.

Yammer 2gm20f new in 97'. No hour meter with the motor but given that the boat has been a short day cruiser its whole life until we bought it, i would Honestly peg it somewhere around 1500-2000 hours. Have maintained the engine since we purchased her. She is in great shape and extremely reliable. We recently thoroughly went the the entire fuel system and pulled and cleaned the tank and lines while trouble shooting a fuel issue (finally discovered a hair crack in a racor vent screw which was replaced)

Wiring is mostly original, but I have not had any issue and have gone through all the wiring onboard. power is split to two panels one original. Batteries have been upgraded to now include 3 deep cycle marine batteries one brand new last fall. Shore power reaches two GFI outlets in the galley, a battery charger/ tender as well as an electric heater on a thermostat.

We bought the boat last year and motored most of the way up from Mass to Maine. the boat has been sailed quite a bit since last august in the Penobscot bay. This past Nov. we left Camden Maine and worked our way down the coast until storing in Norfolk while we headed back to maine for some winter work. We were planning on heading back in March to continue sailing, but a job has changed that plan. We may still return to the boat in October and sail south, but thought to put it on the market now and see what happens

My girlfriend and I captain and maintain boats for a living and our boat reflects that. It is not hinckley polished, but she is a wonderful boat who looks after her captain and guests. She is prepared for any voyage and will continue to be more capable than her guests will call for.

Asking $14,500
currently located in Norfolk, but will consider delivering within a weeks sail if purchased in the next 2 weeks. She is currently in the water, but will be hauled out in a couple weeks if she has not sold.
Thank you for looking.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cd side view.JPG
Views:	396
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	119846   Click image for larger version

Name:	cd interior.JPG
Views:	390
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	119847  

Click image for larger version

Name:	cd stbrd undersail.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	119848   Click image for larger version

Name:	cd on deck.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	119849  

Old 23-03-2016, 16:46   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cape Dory 28
Re: 1977 Cape Dory 28 currently in Norfolk

Whelp, we gone did it and sailed her back to Maine. 80 and sunny when we left, 20 with a starry sky and a big bright moon when we got home. There was some great sailing in there too!

She is still tentatively for sail though if interested. In the water in CAMDEN MAINE.

Tags
cape dory, current, maine, mid coast, sloop