Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2012, 19:58   #1

Boat: Morgan Out Island 41
1972 Morgan Out Island 41

1972 Morgan out Island for sale. Fresh water kept. 413 sloop rig. Good Shape. Sails in good shape. 40 Horse Westerbeke. Would make a great live aboard. Will post more pictures soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0742.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	42402   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0118.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	42403  

Name:	IMG_0189.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	406.6 KB
ID:	42404   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0740.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	396.9 KB
ID:	42405  

Name:	IMG_0904.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	404.6 KB
ID:	42406  
Old 17-06-2012, 20:06   #2

Re: 1972 Morgan Out Island 41

Do you have a price in mind?
Old 17-06-2012, 20:54   #3

$40,000.00 OBO Would you be interested??
Old 20-06-2012, 12:23   #4

252 Views and no offers? This is a great boat! She has been the apple of my eye for the last 10 years. Is she in Bristol condition?? NO. Does she need a little work??Of course she is a 1972 vintage vessel. However, If you are ready to go sailing, Fire up the diesel, throw some provisions in the frig, Listen to some tunes while you drop the anchor, put some steaks on the grill and watch the sun set.....She is ready !! She has provided me and my family many hours off endless fun and memories. I really hate to sell her but I really need too. I will not give her away but I will not refuse any reasonable offer. Somebody talk to me !
Old 20-06-2012, 12:54   #5

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluzeskies View Post
252 Views and no offers? This is a great boat! She has been the apple of my eye for the last 10 years. Is she in Bristol condition?? NO. Does she need a little work??Of course she is a 1972 vintage vessel. However, If you are ready to go sailing, Fire up the diesel, throw some provisions in the frig, Listen to some tunes while you drop the anchor, put some steaks on the grill and watch the sun set.....She is ready !! She has provided me and my family many hours off endless fun and memories. I really hate to sell her but I really need too. I will not give her away but I will not refuse any reasonable offer. Somebody talk to me !
Did you seriously expect an offer in 3 days? The average listing on Yachtworld for sailboats is 10 months.

It would help you if you listed all equipment, gave an indication of when some of it was replaced, and interior pictures, including layout.

Your boat is a 1972, which means that there are insurance issues (tough to insure) and certainly no one is going to get financing on it.

Good luck. Remember, this is not as slam dunk as selling a used car/truck. You need to be more proactive in marketing it.
Old 20-06-2012, 14:39   #6

Thank your opinion. I have never had a problem with insurance or financing.
Old 20-06-2012, 16:00   #7

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot

May want to list all of her systems, and the age of each, also sails, rigging, age of the above, , any nice new amenities. Electronics, etc. dinghy o/b what are the diesel hours, Any known issues or major repairs that are completed, also tankage, etc....Also interior pictures of all the rooms and amenities are a must
Old 21-06-2012, 08:38   #8

Thank you for your suggestions.
Old 21-06-2012, 08:43   #9

Looks clean and sounds like a great deal to "get out there cruising". One deficit is having to ship the boat?... it's in Missouri?

Old 21-06-2012, 10:41   #10

You might want to consider this site.

Good luck.

Sailboat Listings - sailboats for sale
Old 21-06-2012, 10:46   #11

Thank you! This is news I can use !!!
Old 21-06-2012, 21:47   #12

Boat: mt34dt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluzeskies
Let's see...no more pics, unknown systems, inland(transportation costs) and no offers? Hum, okay how about 12k and you deliver it to open water. There you go, you have an offer, and a very good one I might add for so little info save "apple of your eye" which BTW does not mean diddly to anyone but you. Good luck to you but IMO you appear to come off as a used car salesman not listing the details of the boat, but the great times one is going to have by purchasing this product. Sorry if I seem harsh, but I am seriously looking to purchase and your add and attitude leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 21-06-2012, 21:54   #13

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

We are also looking and sorta feel like ZETA, and I might add the average to sell on Yatch world is closer to 2 years !! and they have a info sheet and better pics !! just sayin ya might get more interest with a little sugar and less vinagar !! Maybe ??
Old 21-06-2012, 23:34   #14

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta View Post
Let's see...no more pics, unknown systems, inland(transportation costs) and no offers? Hum, okay how about 12k and you deliver it to open water. There you go, you have an offer, and a very good one I might add for so little info save "apple of your eye" which BTW does not mean diddly to anyone but you. Good luck to you but IMO you appear to come off as a used car salesman not listing the details of the boat, but the great times one is going to have by purchasing this product. Sorry if I seem harsh, but I am seriously looking to purchase and your add and attitude leaves a lot to be desired.
Was this sort of comment really necessary? The guy is trying to sell his boat. I'm sure he's doing the best he can. Whats with the criticism?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 22-06-2012, 00:56   #15

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Was this sort of comment really necessary? The guy is trying to sell his boat. I'm sure he's doing the best he can. Whats with the criticism?
The OP has been given good advice, and his responses have ranged from somewhat snarky to platitudinous.

Perhaps this is a case of mama wants the boat to go, he doesn't, but he can say to her, "See, I TRIED to sell it".

I mean, after 3 days and no offer, I would give up too.

Tags
morgan, morgan out island