Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 20:19   #1

1963 Islander 32, project, Georgia

1963 Islander 32 for sale, project boat, mostly complete

Reluctantly I'm putting my Islander 32 up for sale. This has been a restoration project for many years but our jobs are moving us well inland so the boat has to go. The short story is every surface inside and out has been redone, every hatch, port, and opening has been restored or is new (with the exception of the companionway), every system is brand new and installed to a high standard. The boat is in good cosmetic shape and is comfortable. The major things left to finish are the rig and the motor. There is a brand new, just finished wooden mast built for the boat. The mast is complete, it just needs all the hardware installed and some varnishing. The mast was built to the standard of the original mast which lasted forty years but with epoxy resin and slightly larger scantlings to reflect the use of cypress over douglas fir for the wood.

There is no motor installed but its ready for an inboard. I have a complete electric drive system built for the boat that could go with it and drop right in. You could also put an outboard on a bracket.

There are two large self-tailing winches for the headsail, two mid-sized non-self tailers, and a couple of bronze Winchard type winches for the mast.

There is just too much that has been done and too much equipment to list. All the really dirty, nasty, and tedious work has been done, mostly its just installation of things now. I really wish I could finish her off and go sailing this summer but we've got to move too far to take her with us.

Electrical:
New Blue Seas breaker panel in custom enclosure, all wiring Anchor tined with crimped heat shrink fittings. All lighting warm white LED, six dome lights, four reading lights; some lights need installation.

Plumbing:
Forty gallon water tank, pressure water system, cockpit shower, head and galley sink installed with new facets. Everything new.
Marine head with holding tank, vent, pump out, overboard discharge, all new, installed and ready to go.

Deck:
Interlux products for the paint, all sanded down to bare glass and repainted.
Original bronze ports restored and installed.
Large tinted acrylic fixed ports installed with 3M and Dow products to the same spec as skyscraper windows.
New high-quality stanchion bases installed.

Hull:
Two-party epoxy based paint in custom pea green
New bottom paint and another gallon to go with it for a final coat before splash

Spars:
Original boom with roller reefing, restored
New mast, woodwork is done, ready for varnish and hardware installation
Standing rigging terminals, hardware, and wire, needs a few more terminals for the upper ends of the wires
250' of 1/4" SS 1x19 wire for all new standing rigging.
New bow sprint with bob stay and side stays
Spinnaker pole
Older mainsail

Interior:
Completely refinished with varnish and two-part paint. Bilge super clean. Large galley counter with green glass tile. Three burner propane stove with oven, propane line and regulator included

Again, tons of equipment: 33 lb Lewmar anchor with chain, new barometer and chronometer, new custom tiller, new fenders, just tons of new equipment.

Florida title in hand

Tons of additional equipment and gear, too much to list, call or e-mail for more details or any questions. We're moving, the boat has got to move soon. I have a marine transport company lined up to move the boat wherever you want it at a good rate. First reasonable offer gets the boat. This is going to be a great deal for someone and as long as she gets sailed and makes her owner happy I'm glad to make you a deal! Call me at 352-222-2846, or e-mail at suntreader@gmail.com. Ask any specific questions about what has been done, what gear there is, or if you need specific pictures of things. The boat can be seen anytime in Valdosta Georgia.