Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2022, 12:19   #1

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
What Goiot Model is the escape hatch, 44C? Correct seal and how to replace it

Hi all,
What is the goiot escape hatch model on a Lavezzi 40,is it the 44C?
I ordered this seal, is it the correct one?
https://www.international-boat-spare...e-hatches.html
Does anyone know a video how to replace them?
Are they glued into the groove? What's the best way to remove them?

My "loved" means pita escape hatches leak a tiny bit at the seals and I am still on the dry dock, so time to exchange them. But if I have the wrong seal now and I get it out I am screwed as a new one will take 3 weeks to get here... So a bit reculant to change if till I know it's the right seal and how to replace it.
The handles turn very hard, is there a way to ease or lubricate them, if yes how. Really reculant doing anything on them as they so close to waterline and as long as they don't leak no.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 16:30   #2

Re: What Goiot Model is the escape hatch, 44C? Correct seal and how to replace it

Can anyone help me please
Old 03-07-2022, 16:51   #3

Boat: TBA
Re: What Goiot Model is the escape hatch, 44C? Correct seal and how to replace it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRivet View Post
Can anyone help me please
Give Multihull solutions in Mooloolaba a call ask to speak with “nod” he would be able to direct you if he doesn’t already know he is their hands on fella with having to prepare many boat for Handover and is very knowledgeable.
aclmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 00:51   #4

Boat: Lavezzi 40, Pourpre

Hi there, the seals are glued in place with contact cement, I bought the seals from Clark Rubber. Southern Seas Marine on the Gold coast will be able to help you if the Clark rubber section is not to your liking.
Dragon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 13:09   #5

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Best way to fix those is to rip them out and fiberglass in that dangerous hole in the boat!
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 02:18   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
Best way to fix those is to rip them out and fiberglass in that dangerous hole in the boat!
Well wanted to do that, insurance says no
And I don't wanna change as Pantaenius and HKVA are very good and I get worldwide coverage for a reasonable price.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:16   #7

Thanks all but I am still missing how to do it.
I know I have the right seal.

Major questions are:
The seal and groove it sits is round, how do I get the all the residuals out of that round groove without damaging the coating of the Aluminium?
I understand I have to glue it in but how. Does the glue go on the whole surface of the round part or only partially?
If partially where exactly?
There is a whole lot of videos about all kind of hatches but non for a goiot escape hatch seal replacement.
Old 02-09-2022, 15:58   #8

The escape hatch model on Lavezzi is the 50.37S which is NOT part of the escape hatch Desaster (that's the old 49.12 model on newer cats). The 50.37S is discontinued and you only get very limited spare parts.
it can be replaced with the new version 49.12 escape hatches.
the boat yard in Arrecife screwed mine up by taping them with Gorilla tape directly on the acrylic glass as protection from sandblasting the hulls.
try to get gorilla tape glue residuals from the acrylic glass. Not possible so get new version 49.12 installed.

Tags
Goiot, hatch, model