Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2022, 11:08   #211

Boat: Mahé 36
Re: Owners

Hi Neil,
Ah, I see, the Holyhead effect. We were there for the first time in 2013, a beautiful marina. We still had our monohull and we used a mooring. In 2020 I was there again, what a sad sight… It was 2 years after Storm Emma but it all looked still very empty.
But as you say, lots of good sailing to be done on the South Coast, and the Channel Islands. Last year we were allowed to come to Jersey, we loved it, lots of very nice anchorages!
Jan Jaap
sailingjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 04:58   #212

Boat: Mahe 36

Hi Neil,
I have a Mahe in Pwllheli Marina. We got a few new berth holders when Holyhead Marina was devastated. However pre covid the marina was only 3/4 full. Last year the marina became full due to staycationers buying boats.
The marina is often full as well in the winter months as quite a few boats book into the marina just for the winter especially those that during the summer are on the moorings in Abersoch.
The new marina year runs from April so there may be some vacancies nearer to April. The new contracts have not yet been sent to us.
It may be worth speaking to the manager Will Williams if you are interested as he is very helpful and may have an idea if any hammerhead berths are going to become available.
The main drawback at Pwllheli is that the Mahe is too wide to fit into the travel hoist.
David
ardnagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 07:04   #213

Hi David, I think I saw your boat on the hard a few weeks ago in Pwllheli, if it was yours that I saw I noticed you have a retractable sprit, that looked interesting, we are down in Abersoch quite a lot, it would be nice to meet up. If you're intersted my email is niel.johnson@btinternet.com. I know the guy who had the Lipari that was berthed near you, cheers.
Cat-Man-Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2022, 19:51   #214

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36

Hi. I don’t know if you are still maintaining this list, but if so, I own number 16. She is “On y va” and is located in Mangonui, New Zealand.
Cheers
Eddie
Kiwicrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2022, 15:23   #215

Boat: FP Mahe 36 Duo

It's an oldie but goodie. Plenty of us Mahe owners out there.

We're in Puerto Rico since slightly before the start of Covid, and S/V Sati has stayed there for the duration. Got a great job offer and can't turn down that kind of money so we have not yet taken Sati off the hard. But we are planning to in late Jan or early Feb. Going to continue or exploration of the Spanish and US VI for a month or so.

There is a lot of great information in the Mahe forums, you should read it all at least 3 times :-)

I would be interested to hear from any adventurous souls that have done ocean crossings in the Mahe.

Brandon & Laura
S/V Sati
Old 03-01-2023, 10:48   #216

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Mahe Evolution

I don't know if the list of owners is still being maintained. I am the new owner of hull number 135 "Whiplash" a 2012 Evolution, following the damage to my FP Maldives due to hurricane Ian.
Gpryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 07:41   #217

Boat: 2007 Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36

not sure if i have done this before but i also would like to be on the list.
i have boat FPA17071K708
just sailed to PR from Grenada.
Lostgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2023, 03:30   #218

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahé 36

Hi there,
we are the new owners of Mahé 36 with hull# 85, built in 2008. We bought the boat in Greece and are sailing her in the Mediterranean.

Johannes
maverick2911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2023, 05:40   #219

Boat: FP Lucia 40, Hull #22

Hi There Johannes
We no longer have our Mahe (Hull #42) but have very fond memories of her and keep a lookout on the forum. I am sure you will find her a great boat. We have been sailing in Greece for a few seasons and may well see you out there.

Cheers
Martin
MKB53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 09:28   #220

Hi There Mahe owners,
We have sold our house and are trying to get out of the rat race and buy a cat for liveaboard (at first) in the Canaries, we have seen two for sale, but both sold before we could get across from the UK for a viewing, and now we cant find any on the market within realistic delivery distance to Lanzarote.
If anyone is considering selling in the near future we would be grateful if you could make contact
Many thanks in advance!!
cjrcjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2023, 07:23   #221

Boat: FP Mahe 36

Hi Mahe owners,
We are the original owners of hull#49 (2007). I just wanted to let anyone interested in electric conversions know that we have completed the work and 5 months of sailing our Mahe. We installed 2 Torqeedo pods and are very happy with the result. Please reach out if you have any questions.
IrieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2023, 16:06   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrieCat View Post
Hi Mahe owners,
We are the original owners of hull#49 (2007). I just wanted to let anyone interested in electric conversions know that we have completed the work and 5 months of sailing our Mahe. We installed 2 Torqeedo pods and are very happy with the result. Please reach out if you have any questions.
Im interested. How much solar watts you have?

Im buying hull number 62 in Seychelles. Previous name Chris Eden, dont know the new name yet.

Its a project boat, glad to find this forum here to help me put her back to use!

Is there a whatsapp group for mahe owners? Or any other fast msg app?
Diogo Cyrineu is offline   Reply With Quote