Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2007, 17:16   #106

You can email the images to me and i can host them in the original size.
redbull_addict at mac
Old 25-06-2007, 10:27   #107

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
here is another try at the pictures, sorry about the quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	640mahef.JPG
Views:	642
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	14787   Click image for larger version

Name:	640mahe.JPG
Views:	695
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	14788  

Click image for larger version

Name:	640mahe2.JPG
Views:	635
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	14789  
Old 25-06-2007, 12:23   #108

Hi Scott, Is that a bow sprit I see in picture 3, can't quite make it out from the angle, if so can I see some more pictures of it especially close up. Thanks
Old 25-06-2007, 12:48   #109

That is a bow sprit, it is an option from the factory. There were 3 boats delivered on the same ship, 2 of them were Mahe's, that picture was of the other Mahe taken from my boat. So, sorry I can't get you more pictures, I'll send an email to the owner to see if he wants to contribute.
Old 25-06-2007, 13:44   #110

Boat: Mahe 36
Hi Scott,
Congrats on your new Mahe. It looks great! I am getting mine in the beginning of August in La Rochelle, and I will sail Spain and Portugal for 2 months. In December I will be returning to sail the boat back to the Caribbean, and from there home to N. Miami.
In the meantime if you have any information regarding the boat I would appreciate you passing it on to me. Did you decide to do anything with the bimini.
Thanks alot and happy sailings!
Mark
Old 25-06-2007, 14:20   #111
DtM

We have the bowsprit on our Mahe (hull29).
WE will take some pictures and post them for you.
Sorry we haven't been able to give you a long report on the boat to date. The weather in Sydney is truly miserable at the moment, gales and rain. OK it is the middle of winter but this is ridiculous.
We are working on a bimini with the Aussie agent and Michael Bell. Will let you know how we go. Has anyone done their own bimini yet? JC you were going to give it a go.
In the little time we have sailed "Together" I would have to say she is very responsive to puffs and accelerates instantly.
The circuit beraker for the house is a strange methodology but now we know about it we are OK.

daniel
Old 25-06-2007, 14:48   #112

Boat: Lagoon 380
I'm surprised to see those escape hatches so far forward. Do they get hit hard with a lot of water?
Old 25-06-2007, 15:43   #113
DtM

When we moved the Auckland Mahe from the boat show to its berth some 4 hours away we did it in a choppy sea and were hard on the wind (20 plus knots) to get there.
There was no bashing of the bridge deck and no leaking of the escape hatches
Old 25-06-2007, 21:07   #114

Boat: Lagoon 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtM
When we moved the Auckland Mahe from the boat show to its berth some 4 hours away we did it in a choppy sea and were hard on the wind (20 plus knots) to get there.
There was no bashing of the bridge deck and no leaking of the escape hatches
cool! Of course they figure all that in, I was just surprised to see them there.
Old 26-06-2007, 05:50   #115

A couple of comments, the Bimini is a problem, I'm working with a local fabricator to come up with something. The only thing I can think of is to cut the Bimini just over the helm seat so when I'm sitting I will have shade but when standing at the helm I'll be in the open. Even this solution puts the bimini within inches of my head and the boom. I've spoken to JC and he hasn't done anything with his bimini yet. He did install A/C and a generator. I'm doing the same, we both chose to put the gen in the starboard engine room above the muffler. A/C will go under the dining seats. The generator has be small and we chose the 3.5 Kw NextGen. It fits like a glove and is the only one that we looked at that will fit the space and still let us get at the muffler and service the gen.
We had lots of things missing from our option list and a few things broken (Like the Refrigerator and 12volt charging outlet, must haves!) Still waiting to have those fixed.
As it relates to the escape hatches, I took the boat through 6 to 8 foot swells leaving port, the bow cut through them and washed the deck and helm a number of times, not a drop of water. However, the gaskets on the engine hatch did leak and I had salt spray on the engines. Keep an eye on this, it wasn't alot of water but enough to cause rust, I washed them down as soon as I noticed it.
Another big problem for us in the U.S. is the LP system is not compatible with the U.S. NPT standard. Right now I can't hook up our LP tanks to the stove, can't find a fitting to go from British Tread standard to NPT. I may have to have a gas company come to the boat and splice a new end on the tubing. Something I didn't expect to have to do on a new boat.
Old 26-06-2007, 11:11   #116

Boat: Alura 30
Nice pictures scott.I think you have summerized everything very well.We were gone this week end it was very hot on the hook!we really enjoyed our AC .it takes a long time during the day to cool off the boat,lots of heat coming trough the front windows,at night it was wonderfull.I am still working on trying to resolve my propane problem like you.my sliding doors need to be adjusted also.I have someone working on the bimini right now,it should be done by the end of july.We are really enjoying our boat and are leaving again next week for the dry tortugas if we have some good wind.That's it for today.JC.
Old 26-06-2007, 11:38   #117

Boat: Alura 30
I forgot to ask you guys.I just got my US coast guard #.it has to be place inside the boat,does anybody has any suggestions on how to do that.? where to go to have this done? Thanks.JC.
Old 26-06-2007, 16:08   #118

Hi JC.
It is good to hear from you again and to see that you are really enjoying the boat so much. Did you came with a new idea with the bimini to be able to cover the helmsman or you are instaling it like in the factory?
The first week of august I will be in La Rochelle, any suggestains for crusing in that area? Thanks Mark
Old 26-06-2007, 16:19   #119

Hi Scott
Thanks for info. I can not understand why the company will built a boat with a US spec. and will not have the right LP conector? hope you will find a solution to it. Mark
Old 26-06-2007, 16:32   #120

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun
JC,

Good luck on the wind heading for Dry Tortugas, I'm down on Marco Island and the only wind we've been having is associated with big dark clouds in the late afternoon (ugh!).

Holler if you plan to spend a night or two on Marco, we can chat about boat maintenance over a beer (or two).

-Marc-
Closed Thread

Tags
mahe 36