Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007, 13:05   #166

Boat: FP Mahe 36
What size tender

any ideas on how big of a tender the mahe can accomodate?
Old 12-09-2007, 13:17   #167

Send a message via Skype™ to pguillemin
dinghy

10 1/2 should be the largest dinghy on existing davits
Old 12-09-2007, 14:14   #168

Boat: FP Mahe 36
Is that due to wieght or length?
Old 13-09-2007, 06:11   #169

dinghy

There is a weight limitation per davits ( max weight per davit is 100kg or 220 lbs)
Main limitation is width between hull wich is around 10'
Builder has a dinghy/outboard package with a 9' dinghy and 6HP outboard 4 stroke
Old 13-09-2007, 13:29   #170

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
I bought a 9' Walker Bay dingy with airfloor and a 6 hp 4 stroke Nissan over the internet (Total load of less than 160 Lb) and Fits fine. Only problem is a place to store the motor off of the dingy. Not much 1" tubing on the boat to mount an outboard mounting plate.
Old 14-09-2007, 05:56   #171

Good choice
You should be able to have a wood piece made to the stanchion size as an engine mount .We did that for some boats in Europe
Old 26-09-2007, 08:56   #172

Boat: Mahe 36
A quick question on the mahe

HI,
I am considering a mahe but have to act quick. I have 2 questions:
1) Does anyone out there have the upgraded volvo engines (30hp) and do you think this is a good upgrade
2) For those who own or have set foot on a mahe, how is the head room and bunk length? My husband is 6'4" and I want to make sure it wont be too small.
Okay, one last question....what upgrades do you think are critical?
thanks in advance,
Lori
Old 26-09-2007, 09:16   #173

Mahe

We will be glad to show you a boat
We have some here in Florida and we will have one in Annapolis for the boat show( Oct 4th to 7th)
Boat is big with lots of headroom
Upgrade to 30HP ?
Important upgrades are I think Bimini,extra water tank,Gennaker
Electronics ,gen set and air are cheaper and easier to install locally
Let me know
Cell is 954 6099345
Old 26-09-2007, 19:14   #174
DtM

Hi Lori,

We have a Mahe (Hull 29). I am 6 foot 4" and I could not be happier with the headroom and the length of the bed (which is true double bed size).

I am not sure where you are but if you are in Sydney or close by you can see our Mahe by contacting Michael Bell at this address

michael@allboatbrokerage.com

In my view the 30 hp upgrade is not necessary. You can get 6.5 knots with both engines running at 2100 rpm.

Good luck and take the jump into a great little boat.

daniel
Old 28-09-2007, 05:39   #175

Boat: Jaguar 22 mono called Arfur.
Good luck, fair winds. Saw the Mahe 36 at the Southampton UK Boat Show and immensly impressed with so much about it. Enormous beds compared to bigger boats with smaller crew. Steps were the best of all, and there were nine different sailing cats there and how many times a day do you want to hop up and down after stubbing your toes.
Loved the spaciousness of it. I'd do table and cushions differently, maybe with a fore and aft table and setting to either side, one as a full length chaise loungue, you know, a settee with the back at the end.
We'll be near Portimao in October, again, (by Air). Good safe up river harbour if you get caught, and lovely people the Portugese, and Albuferia has a fishing harbour with it's back to the Westerlies.
Have a great time. Bet you can't wait.
Old 28-09-2007, 05:57   #176

My brother, Prout sailor for several years, says sail through storms because you'll get out of them quicker. Don't drogue. Difference was the Prout had the staysail which was great for heavy weather! Either way guests sleep for'rd, it can get pretty bumpy in the bows. Take care balancing provisions too for the long hop.
Solar panels maybe, wind generators too big for sail boats. AND NOISY.
Think hard about your lifeboat. Solar panel + satnav, watermaker, glucose for when you get into it after a thorough chilling and A SAIL so you can complete the trip in a reasonable time. And always wear your harness when out of the cabin with the cord short enough for you to climb back on board. You can't swim at six knots to catch up. So choose your dinghy as your lifeboat of choice and the liferaft as a survival suit with a limited survival time.
Made sense to me but I've yet to order my Mahe.
Old 28-09-2007, 06:02   #177

From Euro. That is a uniquely French style, something to do with those silly berret things.
Much more usefull would be side protection, the neighboring boat at Southampton show had caravan syle awning to either side which was alot more comfortable in a breeze and you wouldn't be out in the rain anyway.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:57   #178

Boat: Alura 30
In the last 6 months I have made 2 runs from Tortola to Miami,the first one bringing our Mahe to Tampa,the second one last week on a 36' mono,well I am sure now that we made the right choice with our cat.I may be bias,it is like day and night.I think that everyone considering buying a boat should get a ride on a cat,especialy the wifes.....speed is not the most important factor,but the ride in confort with good visibility is really the strong point. Someone told me that I had a floating condo....with a little smile,well I think deep inside he kind likes our floating condo.
JC.
Old 02-10-2007, 17:55   #179

Boat: Mahe 36 KOKOMO
Mahe

We own the other Mahe that was delivered mid-June with Scott's boat. It has taken us a while to get on-line. Our boat was hit by lightning on June 22 at the dock, Thank goodness no one was aboard but we have been doing repairs ever since!
We are still looking for a LP gas tank that fits into those small gas lockers - what has anyone found?
We've enjoyed reading the changed every one has made and that everyone is working on redesigning the bimini! We had the factory center hard bimini installed. It's to narrow, the rain dumps right onto the seat!
Larry
Old 03-10-2007, 04:05   #180

Boat: Alura 30
Larry sorry to hear about the lightning hit.how much damage did you get? For your LP gas tank you need to call Manchester tank ,you can go online,you need 5#vertical/10054,it is a close fit.my bimini is finished and will be installed on the boat friday.it covers the whole back of the boat.JC.
Closed Thread

Tags
mahe 36